Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casual Sex/No-Strings hook ups

Options
  • 15-04-2011 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

So heres a big Q for the C and H forum

So guys what do you think of people going of with random people on nights out and have you done it before ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Is "rando" some slang variation I haven't heard before used to describe these activities? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I shift loadsa random women coz Im a right fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

evry nite boi i do it lyk bt u hv 2 b careful cuz itz ez 2 mess it up lyk yano?

But seriously, no I don't, but I have girlfriend too soooo... I don't see anything that wrong with it either tbh, as long as it's consensual and both people are old enough to make their own choices then so be it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The original sex discussion thread was way cooler.

a32a3b9c-0e1b-4f66-ab4f-b66a7d1eb134.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'd be wary of casual sex because of them STDs, yep. I wouldn't tend toward that kind of activity though that's not to say I would refuse it in all cases. She'd have to be exceptionally hot though.

What other people do with themselves is their own business and I don't have much of a reason to care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Meh. Each to their own. So long as you use have sex safely and you're not cheating while in a serious relationship, you can screw whoever you want tbh.

Have never done it (got off with a random person, I mean); probably would have when I was younger if the opportunity came up but nowadays the whole "one night stand" thing doesn't really appeal to me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Serious answer:

Three long-term relationships (and one short one that ended amicably) over the last 5 years. Never had the inclination to look for anything casual, to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Should say SHIFTING RANDOMERS FOR THE BANTZ.

Plz change title..

PS Clean Teens forever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Can't beat a bita shiftin' and driftin' tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Mod Note:

I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on this thread. As long as the responses are mature then it'll stay open, but if it becomes trollish and inappropriate, infractions will be issued and the thread locked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Ah yeah, I've noticed so many college women (and men) are single for a reason, it's a big world out there and they want to enjoy themselves while they can.

I actually don't know a whole lot who are in relationships.

A friend of mine had a girlfriend and was pissed off when she decided to move to the same college as him. He's single at the moment.

To be honest, I'm pretty pissed off with myself now cos I told a girl how I feel about her and she has a boyfriend. I made it clear that I didn't want to piss him off and that we can still be friends. I've been working very hard at college recently and partying a bit. Mind has been racing with plans and ideas about music and stuff now that I'm off the meds. Haven't been getting enough sleep for a few weeks. I just crashed with the lack of sleep so it's affected me.

She just wants to be my friend and since when I said that she ignored me when I phoned her asking her to go to the pub with friends.

There are certain girls who you don't mess around with, the loyal ones.

Feck, pretty awkward situation. :(

Is it just me and my circle of friends or does anyone else find that the prevalence of casual sex in college is completely exaggerated?

Is it just me and my circle of friends or does anyone else find that the prevalence of casual sex in college is completely exaggerated?

No, definitely not. But the best place to do that sort of thing is in a nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Respect yourself cos always beware of those that are just using you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I don't think the amount of it is exaggerated but the numbers involved most likely is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

MOD NOTE:I like the idea of addressing this issue,but keep it clean folks.Title changed

I was out last night and my girlfriend stayed at home,she has an exam at 10am today.Myself and two other guys were the only ones in a serious relationship and we all joked about how we somewhat missed being single,the opportunities last night were crazy.
    Now don't get me wrong,I'm crazy about my GF and am a relationship kind of guy.I'd never go out with the sole intention of getting lucky but if someone approached me it wouldn't be an auto no.
    TBH,it's all a bit of fun and to steal a tag line-"No matter who you like,love safe sex" as long as it's fun and safe then off with them.
    Not to make anyone feel bad but it's just scratching an itch,doesn't compare to a happy,serious relationship IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I think it's grand. Once you're sensible and use protection of course. Why should people care what consenting adults get up to? On the other hand, me and my friends had a discussion about this a little while ago and they generally were of the opinion that having casual sex means you're a slut and will never find a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

So guys what do you think of people going of with random people on nights out and have you done it before ?

PM sent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

In theory I don't see any issue with it.It's just physical and a natural thing etc.

but I know I wouldn't like it really but I've a long term boyfriend so its not an issue for me.
    Saying that I do have some friends who seem to be constantly doing different guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You mean it's not going to be a giant sex party?!

Anyway, stable relationships are for horses, brap brap...

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    You mean it's not going to be a giant sex party?!

Anyway, stable relationships are for horses, brap brap...

Look at Maynooth and the Dublin nightclubs.

They have themed nights with something like "Want the ride tonight? Come to this nightclub then"!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Copperfacedjacks ftw......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

To be blatantly honest I've never had non-casual sex (the longest I've been with the same person is 4 weeks). But my honest opinion: I'm honestly not sure.

If I could choose between casual sex and meaningful sex I would pick meaningful any day but I despise this high-and-mighty-"why would you have casual sex when you could be in a loving relationship?" attitude that so many people take.
    I've always wanted a relationship but life doesn't always give you the things you want so I'll take casual sex over no sex.

Although, if I'm totally honest I don't believe in proper "no strings attached" sex. Even if you never see them again it still does something to you, affects you, changes you (imho).
    But if both are happy and safe then it's their life and nobody has the right to judge (well, actually they kinda do but they don't have the right to be cúnts about it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

flyswatter wrote: »
    Look at Maynooth and the Dublin nightclubs.

They have themed nights with something like "Want the ride tonight? Come to this nightclub then"!
    Haha yep Maynooth's had loads of them recently "Come to The Roost for the Ride" and so on :pac:

Haha yep Maynooth's had loads of them recently "Come to The Roost for the Ride" and so on :pac:

I hate those silly names for particular nights in clubs. Like 'Messy Mondays' and stuff like that. I doubt the organisers of 'Messy Mondays' would let me start fights and get sick on the dancefloor. In fact I doubt they like any of the behaviour I would regard as 'messy'.

Can't believe no one has mentioned the no sex before marriage thing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Yeah the forum's large bible bashing element have been abnormally quiet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Yeah the forum's large bible bashing element have been abnormally quiet...

I didn't think that was too popular in Ireland, more of an American thing?

My proudest moment of trolling was finding this page.... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Saving-Your-First-Kiss-for-Marriage/116566781709167

• Advertisement

Advertisement