Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One is never enough

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well tempted to buy this now

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336fa4ed9ff3ed474d7ec4d32e5de537433.jpg
    1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336c85edd597956e5d942e8eaab887ce347.jpg
    1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633631daa701e598542661705aa5696aac09.jpg
    1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336875277126667c780709720cf565018fd.jpg
    1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336bb88a3141dd11740cbc3cb6f93e3f853.jpg

€1,100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I thought you could get a good one for about €700/800

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I was eyeballing that Sega Naomi before.
    Candys usually go for 600-800 euro depending on type and condition.
    I must say that one looks immaculate but still too much..and it's not a regular sitdown

yeah 1k is pricey for that yoke, not a sitdown either yea.
    where u get yours?

• Advertisement

A lad in Holland.
    He has a selection of them on offer.
    Prices from 500 -700
    Shipping 240 to your door. I'll pass on details if ya want Farz

is there pics? if so PM plz

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy **** that Naomi is expensive. Looks lovely, but still way too expensive.

They're not as nice as sit down candies anyway :)

CPS2 boards are both the most annoying and beautiful thing at the same time. My Aliens Versus Predator still has it's original unphoenixed chips and a suicide battery. I worry about it every day. :eek: I'd send it off to Raz to have it done, but then it seems like a waste if it's still working properly.

v4%20painted.jpg

http://www.kraylixarcade.com/kraylix%20V4_2PLAYER.html

Prices:

$595 unpainted

$1,135 painted (standard color is all black)

Master of the Universe

That's an interesting route, but I don't see the point when you can have a real candy cab for almost the same price. Okay so maybe if you really want a Vewlix..but if not, just import an Astro, and Egret or something else as lovely :)

Plus CRT displays FTW! None of that laggy LCD scanlineless ****e!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Plus the Kraylix would have to be shipped from USA, and includes no TV/monitor.

Stand-up Naomis are fine if you get some bar stools.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

you can buy the shortened leg kit for the Naomis to bring them down to candy size, or if you're feeling brave, chop the legs ! theres a few guides online on how to do this.

Being brutally honest though - if you do go down the road of buying a cabinet, you want the flexibility to play all Jamma games. For instance, that 1100euro Naomi looks like its been gutted to use a PC. Theres much cleaner ways to get that all up and running and maintain the Jamma harness.

o1s1n wrote: »

CPS2 boards are both the most annoying and beautiful thing at the same time. My Aliens Versus Predator still has it's original unphoenixed chips and a suicide battery. I worry about it every day. :eek: I'd send it off to Raz to have it done, but then it seems like a waste if it's still working properly.

a 1000 curses on you :pac: After reading this thread, I thought to myself, lets go fireup the candy cab and play some SSF2Tx. Grand so, but first lets finally put it into the cab.

So I pop out the MVS 4 slot, on its lovely wood backboard. Connect up the CPS2 board, slide it in....but then I hear like a coin or something similar rattle inside it. Thought nothing of it and powered the machine on and this greets me:

052ee3a6.jpg

Sucker dead ! and I was only playing yesterday. Curious and angry at the same time - I open up the board and find the battery was completely disconnected at one of the solder points. Bloody thing flew from Mexico, and let me enjoy it for a few days, and then spat a solder out. Anyway did a quick resolder, but i think the damage was done the minute I powered it on.

Long story short - pretty sure it can be phoenixed, so time to post off the chips !

again damn you :pac:

Sh1t unlucky.
    I was gonna ask you where you got them Mexican CPS2 boards.
    Think i may give them a pass now
    Any other good places that sell em-preferably non mexican non melting ones?:pac:

Placebo wrote: »
    is there pics? if so PM plz

He has a beauty on sale at the moment.
    I'd imagine you can flick a switch on this and the table turns over james bond style into a bar

shame1.jpg

Sh1t unlucky.
    I was gonna ask you where you got them Mexican CPS2 boards.
    Think i may give them a pass now
    Any other good places that sell em-preferably non mexican non melting ones?:pac:

I got it from ebay - mexican account. To be fair, no complaints there. Plus the eproms are being sent off on monday to be phoenixed - total cost 15GBP, which then means I can change game regions etc. and never have to worry about the battery again. So silver lining and all that and certainly wouldn't let it put me off owning some proper Street Fighter arcade games.

Other option is to purchase off a seller on arcadeotaku - always plenty of boards for sale there.

Master of the Universe

Oh no man! Sorry to hear that..I swear it was nothing to do with me :D

Let me know how you get on with the phoenixing. I may just do this AVP board and get it over with. All my other ones are done already.

Funny story actually, I have a Children of the Atom CPS2 board that I was always worried about. I'd asked if the guy who sold it to me had phoenixed it and he hadn't a clue what I was on about. So I guessed it would die at some point.

Left it for about a year. Every time I thought about it I knew it was probably a goner. After ages, I fished it out and decided to give it a go on my supergun (my cab wasn't in my apartment at the time) - was 100% convinced it would be dead.

Not only did it boot up, there was a Phoenix boot screen.

'What the ****?! But I've never seen that before?!!? Did someone secretly phoenix it while it was in storage?!'

Then it dawned on me. It takes a moment for my arcade cab monitor to warm up. By the time it had, the CPS2 board had passed the phoenix boot screen! So never actually saw the thing. Mental.

Still haven't a clue who phoenixed it though?!

Arcade goblins.They live in your coin bucket and after midnight the little scamps get up and cause havok.Modding the crap out of stuff,raping and pillaging. The usual stuff.

Quick vid of my astro city at the moment with xbox
    Well chuffed with the ways its turned out..sorry about bogey video.

Primed and ready for SF3 OE and SF X Tekken

looks great, how much did it cost in total? would love one for 3s at some stage in my life.

• Advertisement

The time is Now Farz..Grab life by the throat:)

About 900 in total once I've added in buttons, wiring,pads and padhack,amp etc.
    The sad thing is spending has only just begun
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY3RhGs-u4bbQKRGgMAl0iBmjuDGJiYOV_n5hF6_uOR5Ii8FwS

is that alpha? Thats a good PRICE, i guess. But gotta keep in mind all the extra work you've put in. Damn, too much effort for me right now.

2009-08-26_103044_01.jpg
    my budget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Quick vid of my astro city at the moment with xbox
    Well chuffed with the ways its turned out..sorry about bogey video.

Primed and ready for SF3 OE and SF X Tekken

When can I come over? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So when are you bringing these down to Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Looks brilliant unky, can't wait to see it running some cps2 games!

Sairus wrote: »
    So when are you bringing these down to Cork?

The cab has dub blood in it as I am treating it as my first born. It would burst into flames if it crossed the border into the Rebel county:)

Just have to post vid of two arcade cabs playing together.
    Always wanted to recreate that sound again of two machines belting out different effects simultaneously.

My First CPS2 board was waiting for me today when i came back from holidays.
    These things are massive in size
    Got it for 30 Euro...and it works:):):)

20110904172623.jpg

201109041749540.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Alpha 2 cab in your house.

I officially hate you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That is so godlike Dave.

Advertisement