Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked Blackberry Internet/Web Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

What add-on is needed for the WiFi ? Will I get it as soon as I log on to the internet and be charged 50c ? or do I have to buy it from vodafone ?

I was looking on the vodafone website and the only add-on I could see was a daily broadband add-on for €3.

How do I get the add-on to use my WiFi ?

Any help Greatly Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

So, a little update for ye all....

In reference to the cost of using bb services on Vodafone network - I currently top up with €30/mth which gives me free calls and txt to vodafone along with internet usage - have checked my credit over the last few days and I'm getting all bb messenger/facebook and internet for free.

My bf rang vodafone and got the bb services onto his mobile phone - they add the services with their tech support group - he powered off phone, removed battery, powered back up and all services were there - including links for bb app world/fb/twitter and a few others, which in turn meant he didnt have to search online for the links. Very handy and very quick update from Vodafone.
    He too has topped up with the €30 as above, and is using all bb apps and internet for free as part of the top-up.

I queried with the vodafone representative about the 50c a day charge and they said it will be in place, prob come june/july - there must be a glitch in the system allowing bb users to use the bb services for free (when they have topped up with €30) - im not sure, but maybe if you don't top up with the amount that gives you the free internet, then you will be charged the 50c/day - anyone care to comment on that?

Hope this information is helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It is Cat, very interesting. Thanks for coming back with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

does vodafone have another option other than 50c a day? like i read there was a 9.99 BB data plan on vodafone but i cant seem to find it on their site??
    any1 know anything bout this?

Emobile and meteor have 1gb BIS (Blackberry internet service) for 9.99 per month on pre pay or 3GB BIS service for 8 euro on bill pay as an add-on. Vodafone have BIS as an add-on for their bill pay plans for 9.99 or as part of their blackberry perfect choice access starting at 45 euro per month
    http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/pca/?ts=1305059471707

• Advertisement

damn it musta been bill pay where i read that. its just that i got a meteor sim and registered for BIS must just top up to activate it but i cant get 3G on my BB so i havent topped up or does the 3g get activated with BIS??

What model do you have?

cookie1977 wrote: »
    What model do you have?

the 9700, unlocked

You should get 3g if BIS is not active and 3G (note the capital G) with the little 4 dot blackberry symbol if BIS is active.

Once it's activated on your account go to:
    http://meteor.blackberry.com
    and register your device with meteor

The APN under tcp/ip settings in settings should be:
    blackberry.net
    no username or password

• Advertisement

You should get 3g if BIS is not active and 3G (not the capital G) with the little 4 dot blackberry symbol if BIS is active.

Once it's activated on your account go to:
    http://meteor.blackberry.com
    and register your device with meteor

ya thats what i thought i should have 3g i dont know what the problem is there, so do you think i will get 3G if i top up and activate BIS even tho i cant even get 3g

Not really. Under settings, network settings make sure you dont have only 2g on. You should have either:
    3G & 2G
    or 3G

so you dont think i will get 3G?? it was on just 3G and all i got is a constant SOS not a bit of coverage so now i have it on 3G & 2G to get coverage

You may not have good 3g coverage where you are. Does any other meteor device have 3g coverage where you are?

You may not have good 3g coverage where you are. Does any other meteor device have 3g coverage where you are?
    im in cork, just put that sim into my old fone, no 3g. when i manually seach for network on BB there is a meteor 3G option but it wont connect. is there payg bis on o2 or three?

jdunne08 wrote: »
    im in cork, just put that sim into my old fone, no 3g. when i manually seach for network on BB there is a meteor 3G option but it wont connect. is there payg bis on o2 or three?

Only vodafone, emobile and meteor offer pre pay bis at present. O2 were rumoured to be offering it this summer but nothing yet.

damn coz vodafone does work on it i tried da mothers sim on my bb and i got the 4 dots and 3G so it works just not happy with them charging daily, ill just top up 2moro and see if i get it working, thanks for your help

damn coz vodafone does work on it i tried da mothers sim on my bb and i got the 4 dots and 3G so it works just not happy with them charging daily, ill just top up 2moro and see if i get it working, thanks for your help
    No problem. Good luck

ok so i topped up and activated bis, all woking fine i have the 4 dots but only when i put on my wifi, i dont get the 4 dots when the wifi is turned off is this normal?? (still no 3G either just GPRS)

ok so i topped up and activated bis, all woking fine i have the 4 dots but only when i put on my wifi, i dont get the 4 dots when the wifi is turned off is this normal?? (still no 3G either just GPRS)

In network settings are data services on and 3G on?

• Advertisement

Ya data services are on and 3G is on..

Ya data services are on and 3G is on..

Make sure the apn under tcp/ip insettings is:
    blackberry.net
    No username no password

Also after that do a battery pull for 30 secs

Dere wasn't anything for apn so I put in blackberry.net and left the rest blank did a battery pull and still nothing. On yur BB are yur 4 dots beside or under your coverage bar?

Dere wasn't anything for apn so I put in blackberry.net and left the rest blank did a battery pull and still nothing. On yur BB are yur 4 dots beside or under your coverage bar?

It looks like this:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/

I don't have wifi on at the moment. Just 3G on Three

edit: fixed
    158530.jpg

it says that attachment is invalid.

do you get the 4dots all the time of just whenyur wifi is on?

my 4dots it under the coverage beside the wifi strength, im pretty sure when i put a vodafone sim in the 4 dots were beside the coverage not under

it says that attachment is invalid.

do you get the 4dots all the time of just whenyur wifi is on?

my 4dots it under the coverage beside the wifi strength, im pretty sure when i put a vodafone sim in the 4 dots were beside the coverage not under

I get 4 dots when I have wifi on or wifi off with 3G on. When wifi is on and 3G is on the dots appear below but when 3g is on and wifi is off the 4 dots appear beside (to the right) of 3g

Advertisement