Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was my post deleted?

Options
  • 15-04-2011 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

I posted in Playstation thread about my irish gaming site and youtube channel for it and it was deleted without notification and reason, why?
    Was informed it was because i mentioned an external site that was also a forums and boards.ie does not allow any forums not boards.ie and that forum moderators were not contacted first before the post(s) was made.

Personally speaking if this was a rule it should be stated and not seem a complete farce.

Thanks,
    Dermot

You can delete this thread if you like.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Terms of Use that you agreed to when you signed up to Boards quite clearly states:
    You agree NOT to use Boards.ie to:

* post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional content, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of commercial publicity

In normal circumstances you would have been sitebanned for that post, so you can consider yourself lucky that you're still around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

So what exactly is commercial about a non profit site?

My site is a user forum and i mentioned a free worldwide youtube channel, perhaps you need to look up the meaning of advertising and commercial because it doesn't include asking fellow gamers for help and comments on how the site looks.

I don't sell anything nor do i ask anybody to sign up or register with my site which is also free, hell i don't even have Adverts on my site, labeling it commercial is just another farce and shows the competence of somebody telling me i should be banned for querying about an injustice.

Great way to treat members.

Anyways i have already asked Trojan and Darragh for my account to be deleted, but thanks for the threat anyways, sums up the original post.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Regardless of whether or not your site is commercial, Boards is not here to provide you with a platform to promote it. The Terms of Use covers all "promotional content", not just that for commercial activities.

Advertisement