Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been a victim of prejudice? (sexism, racism, secterianism)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Nodin wrote: »
    ...never even heard of that one....

Yeah, I only heard it a few years ago. I was never called it myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Nodin wrote: »
    ...if thats an all fellas school, then I'd say thats a rough gig indeed.

It's not, thank god. I only get **** from one or two people though, and people generally don't really care (not even any fag hags! :D) so I'm pretty lucky. It's just the occasional, ever so original "******" or "gay boy" that gets said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

wild_cat wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever been called a Spud Nigger?

I was told to "fuck back to poland!" a few years ago... I'm from the south east.

lol... I know a taxi driver who has on quite a few occasions had customers refuse to travel with him because "They don't travel with foreigners" ... He's from Wexford. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭bayern282

Get called a Traveller or Tinker or something Traveller related practically every time I go out in Dublin.

Yet, Don't know any Travellers and don't remotely dress or speak like one.

Absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Prejudice for me going to mixed school ran by Catholic nuns.

They would hammer the boys every day because we were male, not a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Im quite sallow skined , and often get told to feck back to wherever. Makes me laugh really:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

wild_cat wrote: »
    I was told to "fuck back to poland!" a few years ago... I'm from the south east.

Rzeszów ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

Im quite sallow skined , and often get told to feck back to wherever. Makes me laugh really:)

me too and im not particulary sallow but was told to 'go home you fcukin paki' by bunch of scangers... good times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

My uncle helped organize the civil rights marches in the north and the stories he used to tell me make my experiences with sectarianism look weak! The few people in this world have I have respect for are sectarians. They are backward, cretinous and hate filled people. They have no place in this century. Organizations like the kkk or the orange order have no place in civilised society.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

steddyeddy wrote: »
    My uncle helped organize the civil rights marches in the north and the stories he used to tell me make my experiences with sectarianism look weak! The few people in this world have I have respect for are sectarians. They are backward, cretinous and hate filled people. They have no place in this century. Organizations like the kkk or the orange order have no place in civilised society.
    Definitley. People in the south dont know the half of what went on up there. Even in the 90s there was huge discrimination against nationalists.

• Advertisement
Advertisement