Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic GSM dialler for Accenta mini G4

Options
  • 15-04-2011 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have an Accenta mini G4 wired alarm with a single RKP.

Does anyone know of a simple add on GSM dialler that is compatible? Would it have to replace my current RKP or could it work in parallel?

Important to me is:
    1) Must be able to send text messages and not just call if alarm triggered
    2) Must be able to switch alarm on and off by text message

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The accenta is a very basic, ungraded, cheap panel. To do what you want you should really upgrade to a signet or similar panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

noshankus wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have an Accenta mini G4 wired alarm with a single RKP.

Does anyone know of a simple add on GSM dialler that is compatible? Would it have to replace my current RKP or could it work in parallel?

Important to me is:
    1) Must be able to send text messages and not just call if alarm triggered
    2) Must be able to switch alarm on and off by text message

You cant add a GSM that will do what you want on to the alarm. You can add a GSM voice or text dialer for self monitoring the alarm.

You could buy a cheap gsm unit off ebay for €80 and connect it to the outputs of the alarm. If you are able to program a zone as keyswitch or similar then you could use one of the relays to switch the alarm on or off.
    You will not get the same results as the like of the signet, hkc etc, but for €80 you can't go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭noshankus

The spec does say:

6 Digi-Outputs - For a wire-in digital communicator, RedCare STU or Dialler. This allows the system to communicate with an Alarm Receiving Centre for direct police response (not fitted on Optima Compact G4).

Input for Remote Keyswitch or Push to Set Switch - A remote keyswitch or push (eg. door bell) may be used to set or unset the system.

So the question is, which cheapo GSM dialler would you recommend on ebay? The only I could find for around that price seems to be:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AutoDialler-GSM-Sim-card-Alarm-Text-and-Call-Alerts-/170626410740?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item27ba2068f4

however I don't see any information in the pdf about remotely turning on/off the alarm system by way of receiving text messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

They are for connecting a communicator to contact a monitoring station. The GSM off ebay would be the cheapest you will get that does voice and text.
    What you would need to do is program a zone on the panel to Keyswitch and connect it to a relay off the GSM. What this does is when you text the output on the GSM it either opens or closes the relay which in turn arms/disarms the alarm. Not a great way to do it but it would work for your alarm system.

• Advertisement

More than likely the gsm unit will tell you it can switch on an output or contacts etc, which is the same thing as turning an alarm on or off

Advertisement