Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on back up over net to DNS-320

Options
  • 15-04-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

I'm waiting delivery on a Dlink DNS-320 which I want to use for backing up my office PC. For security reasons I want to locate the DNS-320 at home. It will have two mirrored 2TB drives, there is presently only about 200Gb on the office PC.

I would do an initial back up in the office and would then like to sync any new files daily over the net.

I don't know if the software bundled with the DNS-320 will do this for me or if there is a better solution I should use?

Complete NOOB at this so any advice is greatly appreciated.

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Boskonay

Whats the upload speed in the office? (and the download speed at your home?)

What happens when your home connection goes down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Boskonay wrote: »
    Whats the upload speed in the office? (and the download speed at your home?)

What happens when your home connection goes down?

Upload at the office normally tests at around 1.7Mb.

Download at home is around 8Mb.

Both connections are pretty decent with good ping and QoS.

I'd hope that the backup software will cope with any interruptions to service?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

Advertisement