Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Updates that don't load

• 15-04-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Got my 20 updates during the week. However one won't load, no matter that I have loaded them individually. KB2510531, I have Windows XP. This seems to be rated pretty important but just won't load. Anyone know why some updates just randomly don't load?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

OK. Back in 5

tick tock tick tock ;)

having problems with the thread

ankles wrote: »
    having problems with the thread

I replied via pm but post back here if you can.

• Advertisement

OK. System is looking to copy vbscript.dll. Looking in c/windows/system32/dllcache. There is no such folder. THere is c/windows/system32 which has a file called vbscript.dll but when I direct it to there it just says still can't find it and to insert "Windows XP System files" in the drive I specify.

There is no such folder as dllcache.

Amateur here by the way:D

Sorry, fell asleep last night. Did you get it sorted?
    Have a look here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms11-031.mspx
    What service pack are you running for windows xp?

Hi. Service pack 3. Still hasn't gone through

What version of internet explorer are you using?

i'm darting between Google Chrome and IE8. Accessing MS in IE, talking to you in Chrome.

• Advertisement

Well the problem might be some corruption within windows xp itself (not necessarily something to get overly worried about), or it's to do with ie8.
    Can you search for updates and look at the optional windows updates. If there's anything pertaining to ie8 in there then install that

Only iE8 was one to enhance older website to look better in IE8 (KB2447568). It uploaded fine. Think its an XP problem as I get the updates automatically, but this won't load. THere's quite a list of optional updates, about six or seven

Update for Root Certificates [October 2010] (KB931125)
    Download size: 343 KB , less than 1 minute
    This item updates the list of root certificates on your computer to the list that is accepted by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Root Certificate Program. Adding additional root certificates to your computer enables you to use Extended Validation (EV) certificates in Internet Explorer 7, a greater range of security enhanced Web browsing, encrypted e-mail, and security enhanced code delivery. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed. Details...
    Don't show this update again

Windows PowerShell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0 for Windows XP and Windows Embedded (KB968930)
    Download size: 5.9 MB , less than 1 minute
    The Windows Management Framework Core package includes Windows PowerShell 2.0 and Windows Remote Management (WinRM) 2.0. For more information on the Windows Management Framework, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968929. Details...

Update for Windows XP (KB971513)
    Download size: 744 KB , less than 1 minute
    The Windows Automation API library contains the latest version of the Microsoft User Interface Automation (UI Automation) and Microsoft Active Accessibility libraries that are provided in Windows 7. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Group Policy Preference Client Side Extensions for Windows XP (KB943729)
    Download size: 686 KB , less than 1 minute
    Multiple Group Policy Preferences have been added to the Windows Server 2008 Group Policy Management Console (which are also available through the Remote Server Administration Toolset (RSAT) for Windows Vista SP1). Group Policy Preferences enable information technology professionals to configure, deploy, and manage operating system and application settings they previously were not able to manage using Group Policy. After you install this update, your computer will be able to process the new Group Policy Preference extensions. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Microsoft Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider Package: x86 (KB909520)
    Download size: 626 KB , less than 1 minute
    Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider (Base CSP) allows smart card vendors to more easily enable their smart cards on Windows with a lightweight proprietary card module instead of a full proprietary CSP. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP (KB940157)
    Download size: 5.3 MB , less than 1 minute
    Windows Search 4.0 helps you to find, preview, and use your documents, e-mail, music, photos, and other items. On an upgrade from previous versions, you will need to rebuild your index. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1
    Download size: 23.1 MB , less than 1 minute
    The .NET Framework is a component of the Windows operating system. For developers, the .NET Framework makes it easy to rapidly create powerful software that maximizes performance, scalability, opportunities for integration, reliability, security, and the end-user experience, while minimizing the costs of deployment and management. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

OK. That took a while. Trying the update again now

Wow. It worked! From a no-nothing, thank you very much. Next cookie is one me!:D

ankles wrote: »
    Wow. It worked! From a no-nothing, thank you very much. Next cookie is one me!:D

;) You're welcome

Advertisement