Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting Cost?

Options
  • 15-04-2011 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Does anyone know how much it costs to paint an apartment? The apartment is approx 70sqm. I am looking for a rough estimate for walls, ceilings and woodwork, materials and labour? I have been quoted a few varying prices?

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property

Floor area isn't a particularly good guide - that only tells you how much ceiling needs to be painted. :)

How many rooms, and if possible, what wall area needs to be painted (accounting for tiles, etc.)?

Walls and ceilings only or does the timberwork, etc. need to be painted?

What condition are the existing walls / ceilings . timberwork in? Does existing paper need to be removed and does new paper need to be added to cover cracking, etc.?

What paint specification?

What colours and what are the existing colours?

Is the property occupied? Will it be occupied during the day? Will furniture / possessions need to be moved by the painters?

As you can see, there are many permutations and you need to minimise them before you can get consistent pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jeremiahroche

There are 9 rooms in total - 2 of which are part tiled. All walls ceilings and timberwork needs to be painted. Its is not in particularly bad condition but it has not been done in over 5 years and now looks tired and grubby. There is no paper to be removed. The colours will remain as they are currently. The property is currently occupied but not during the day. The place is not cluttered with furniture. Its pretty basic interms of furnishing.

Appreciate any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bazmak

<SNIP> paint and materials would be roughly 300euro and would probably take less than week to do, maybe 1400 euro in total to do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jeremiahroche

Hi,

Thanks alot for your reply. I am gathering information at the moment before I make a decision. Really appreciate the response.

J

bazmak wrote: »
    <SNIP> paint and materials would be roughly 300euro and would probably take less than week to do, maybe 1400 euro in total to do :)

sorry again:o

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks alot for your reply. I am gathering information at the moment before I make a decision. Really appreciate the response.

J

id have no problem giving advice if you where to tackle it yourself :D
    might take you longer but at least you will save money and learn by the experience.totally for free of course :) and at least you will know the tricks of the trade for future refs ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Hi,what part of the country are you in?

Advertisement