Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable Tester (and joiner)

• 15-04-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Cable Tester
    I am looking for a cheap and cheerful data AND co-ax cable tester.

I have approx 40 data points terminated in attic, and for a few reasons, approx 25% have yet to be labelled.
    From a previous life, I had collegues who did data terminations and had lovely expensive Fluke Tester.
    For a once off / or rarely used device, I don't want an expensive Fluke tester.

Also, I have approx 25 co-ax points in the attic for TVs and likewise I need to label all of the points.

Is there any cheap and cheerful tool or even reasonably priced tool that can do both functions?
    Want a base section plugged into the patch panel, and the remote section connect it at each room downstairs.

Joiner

My telephone cable is connected into a box on the side of the house next to the ESB meter.
    I then have external grade cat5 running from there to the attic, connecting to a krone box.
    However, the connection in the outside box is merely a standard connector block that you would use for electrical cable.
    There is often static on the line, and I believe this external connection is not helping.
    Is there any neat, tidy, robust and very reliable connector to connect the cat5 cores together?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement