Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish digital tv now available

Options
  • 15-04-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭

cant believe you can now get crystal clear irish tv and radio now
    10 miles from virginia and i installed a new tv and low and behold digital tv off an existing aerial.
    sorry if everyone knows this already
    if you dont ,try a retune

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

yup,
    and if you have bbc etc off the aerial currently, then you can get all the british channels on digital too.
    So BBC 1,2,3,4 ITV 1,2,3,4 and other stuff like Dave, Sky News, Channel 4, E4 etc etc

and like that, all for free!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just to clarify this one as I'm very interested now! :)

Do you mean you can get the UK Freeview (not FreeSAT) channels here now?
    I know they were to boost the power of the Enniskillen transmitter but I thought that wasn't till next year..

What box are ye using?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

no box required
    installed a samsung tv with saorview bought from power city
    existing aerial and it picked up the new digital service
    no need to adjust anything
    all rte radio stations
    tv3
    tg4
    rte 1
    net 2
    all crystal clear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Just to clarify this one as I'm very interested now! :)

Do you mean you can get the UK Freeview (not FreeSAT) channels here now?
    I know they were to boost the power of the Enniskillen transmitter but I thought that wasn't till next year..

What box are ye using?
    The folks have a new Sony tv and most uk and irish channels came up just by plugging in to the aerial with some mysteriously missing that eventually turned out to be caused by water getting into the booster or something.
    Since it got fixed they have all uk free view channels as well as the Irish ones coming in loud and clear.

Now. They are north of killeshandra so a fair bit closer to the border than Virginia which is a help in picking up the weaker uk signals from brougher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Awh that is so cool. Im getting a tv in the bedroom when I move back now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement