Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meal ideas for Good Friday

Options
  • 15-04-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭

I have arranged a girlies get-together at my house, hard thing to arrange - and next Friday is the only night that suits for the next few months -- but I've just realised that it will be Good Friday (we are not overly religous but I think I would feel bad if I did eat meat).

I had planned on doing chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and feta. But I may do a pasta dish, however, I think a pasta dish is a bit lacking without meat.
    I detest seafood so that is out of the question.

Can Quorn be substituted for chicken in dishes?

Suggestions welcome....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

Hey...

Hows about trying one of these:

- Falafels - very tasty
    - Get Tortillas and let people make their own pizzas....you can grill them and just as good.....use mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, basil, tomato sauce, mushrooms, grilled peppers
    - Spinach and Ricotta pasta/cannelloni is always good and tasty
    - Some nice veg curries out there - aubergines, chickpeas, spinach
    - You could make a chilli con carne but just substitute in a few tins of beans - red kidney, chilli, mixed beans etc

Just a few ideas....and they all have good flavours to go with few drinks...and quick to make too

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I have arranged a girlies get-together at my house, hard thing to arrange - and next Friday is the only night that suits for the next few months -- but I've just realised that it will be Good Friday (we are not overly religous but I think I would feel bad if I did eat meat).

I had planned on doing chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and feta. But I may do a pasta dish, however, I think a pasta dish is a bit lacking without meat.
    I detest seafood so that is out of the question.

Can Quorn be substituted for chicken in dishes?

Suggestions welcome....

Quorn fillets can be stuffed in the same way and are delicious..also the swedish style meatballs with spaghetti and tomato sauce..Easy peasy..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IndigoBlue

Advertisement