Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad deal on 2kg bags of Pedigree dried dog food

• 15-04-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

SuperValu currently has an offer for 2 euros for a 2kg bag of Pedigree Chum dried dog food.
    Price is normally 5/6 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks, but i wouldnt feed that crap if it was being given out for free im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Boy did you pick the wrong forum for this deal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

andreac wrote: »
    Thanks, but i wouldnt feed that crap if it was being given out for free im afraid.

while i agree with this food been not the best, and i myself would not use it. i think though all the same its better than giving a dog up cos you cant afford to feed the dog a better quality food.
    a mate of mine who loves her dogs dearly, had to change to pedigree a few months ago as her and her hubby lost their jobs within months of each other, as she says what with a morgage, 3 kids to feed and four dogs everyone has had to cut down including them. gone from food buying in tescos to aldi so dogs the same. they have gone from burns to pedigree. Again as she said she rather that than rehome them. Her dogs still look good.

while i agree with this food been not the best, and i myself would not use it. i think though all the same its better than giving a dog up cos you cant afford to feed the dog a better quality food.
    a mate of mine who loves her dogs dearly, had to change to pedigree a few months ago as her and her hubby lost their jobs within months of each other, as she says what with a morgage, 3 kids to feed and four dogs everyone has had to cut down including them. gone from food buying in tescos to aldi so dogs the same. they have gone from burns to pedigree. Again as she said she rather that than rehome them. Her dogs still look good.

I completly agree with you and its a very good way to look at things. Lots of dogs out there that are not being fed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have been using it for donkey's years. The dogs look great & the Vet always compliments me on their condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If its all you can afford to feed your dog then grand, its not the best but certainly not the worst. Im not a big advocate of feeling like you have to feed your dog only top quality stuff or else you're a bad owner.Plenty of dogs do fine on it. Good bargain alert for those that buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ferretcrazy

I've always had my dogs on pedigree and never had a problem with it, so Thanks a mill, a great bargain, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

I agree its not good quality food. However, not many people can afford Hills or Royal Canin and the like, so this is better than lidl or own brand at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Speaking of good/bad quality food, what about MARDA? I've been feeding mine on it but is it actually good quality?!

Dog Food recipes:

http://www.i-love-dogs.com/dog-food-recipes.html

I supplement my cats diet with a beaten egg once a week too.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

sotisme wrote: »
    Speaking of good/bad quality food, what about MARDA? I've been feeding mine on it but is it actually good quality?!

No its a pretty low quality food really with a low meat content.

I know people say that they cant afford things more expensive than pedigree, but if you compare pedigree to something like Red Mills Leader, you feed less of the Red Mills so it would actually work out around the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The thing is that buying Pedigree in a false economy. If Pedigree is usually €6 per 2kg then 15kg will cost €45, which is about €8 more than I pay for a bag of Whites.

Good point..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

thanks for the bargin tip! my two guys will only eat pedigree food,it's what the were fed in the rescue i got them from. Spent loads on other brands trying to get them on a better quality food but nope it's the pedigree they love...I'll stock up tomorrow:D

All of our dogs were fed on pedigree and they all lived to at least 15years.

update that there is 6 euros off 10kg bags of Red Mills cat/dog dry food in PetWorld stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

I'm switching to burns, what flavour do all of you use? Which has the highest meat content?
    It looks like the pork and potato (min. 29% "pork meat meal") as some of the others are only 20% meat.

Advertisement