Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat hides kittens??

• 15-04-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Is it common for cats to hide their kittens if they feel there is any threat? We are supposed to get a kitten that is 7 week old but it's mother seems to have hidden them even though she's still around. I'm worried I'lll never get the kitten now:( but wander is this common?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

A kitten should be at least 8 weeks, preferably 10 weeks before leaving its mum and siblings. It really helps with their development to be left longer (biting and rough play are common with kittens taken too early).
    Just be aware mum can get pregnant again after they reach six weeks or so.

They can go off with mum if she wanders at this age, but usually come back for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KittyMcM

Thanks for replying. I really was quite happy for them to stay with their mother for 3 months but after 7 weeks this has happened My particular concern is that the kittens have not been seen for a week whilst the mother is returning for food. In general when the mother takes the kittens do they normally return?:(

Advertisement