Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless not strong

Options
  • 15-04-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

I have a big house and my laptop wont detect the wireless connection i bought a second modem is it possible to make the second modem connect to the other modem wirelessly and make it make the wireless distance more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

I can connect the modems with a 100metre cat 5 Internet cable will that work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not a modem, but it may work with a bit of tinkering. You'd need to turn it into an access point by logging in and disabling dhcp.

Are both devices the same? If so, you could set both with the identical ssid and password and your laptops and other devices would roam from one to the other depending on which was stronger extending your nwtwork. They would both need to be on completely different channels though, take them off auto, set one to channel 1, the other to 11.

its a router/modem built in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Are both devices the same? do what I said above

No they are different one is belkin and the other one was the free one that came with eircom broadband

• Advertisement
Advertisement