Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time Machines

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Thanks I did :D.

One thing: I dunno, I can appreciate Rolex, I really can. Without them the popularity of the wristwatch would have been delayed for ten years anyway. But they just don't do it for me. At all. :confused: It's not the wide boy, Arthur Daly(for our older viewers) connotation, it's their designs(and their internals with a few notable exceptions are pretty mundane, bordering on crap).

Funny enough the film made the link with Porsche. I can't stand Porsches either. Again I can see how bloody brilliant they are, but I just don't feel the love. Ferraris are, or were glorified Fiats and would either rust away, brake down or simply not go very fast, but in my guts I would want one. I have the same about Pink Floyd and Angelina Jolie. Can understand why others do, but don't feel it.

Put it another way, if I ever find a Rolex daytona in the attic one of ye is gonna get one helluva bargain :D Bedlam will get first dibs, mod perks an all that.... :pac:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Thanks for posting that; I last watched it a while back and it's interesting to re-visit as this illness progresses. The program captures the compulsiveness of our obsession very articulately and the difference for me is that I have developed an interest in Rolex since watching it the last time (sorry Wibbs). Having said this I still don't see how they can compare a Peruvian Daytona with the other jewel-encrusted tat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jayzuz CB you'll never guess what I found in the attic and it appears to be a chrono.... :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Don't tell me, you used to live next door to Paul Newman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I don't know what world these guys are living in to be honest. What do they all do for a living?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Tom Bolt - Dunhill’s watch designer and watch dealer
    Trever Eves - actor - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Eve
    henry dent brocklehurst - multi-millionaire - http://whoswho.southwestbusiness.co.uk/content/henry-dent-brocklehurst
    Felicity Kendal - actress - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felicity_Kendal

Jamie Redknapp, Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand - premiership footballers

I'm tired of living like a schnook. I'm going to give Henry Dent-Brocklehurst a ring and invite myself around to his gaff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

I'm tired of living like a schnook. I'm going to give Henry Dent-Brocklehurst a ring and invite myself around to his gaff.

and this coming from Monty Burns?
    burns2.gif

Excellent :pac:

Advertisement