Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feeling overwhelmed

Options
  • 16-04-2011 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

any ideas on how to get out of bible study with jehovah's witnesses, want me to get baptized and go out preaching door to door. they are very persistent people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

galwegians wrote: »
    any ideas on how to get out of bible study with jehovah's witnesses....

Through the door? :rolleyes:

Seriously though tell them where to shove it. & here's a little secret: There's probably no god. Stop worrying & enjoy your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

galwegians wrote: »
    any ideas on how to get out of bible study with jehovah's witnesses, want me to get baptized and go out preaching door to door. they are very persistent people

Galweigian, inform them you were able to drop out of the RC Church without being hounded, and would expect the same choice in this area as well. Inform them that you need some time out, and then have nothing to do with them going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭galwegians

tred wrote: »
    Galweigian, inform them you were able to drop out of the RC Church without being hounded, and would expect the same choice in this area as well. Inform them that you need some time out, and then have nothing to do with them going forward.

appreciate your advice, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Do as I did years ago. Greet then at the door at 9am with a beer in one hand and invite them in for a drink...

Advertisement