Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No alerts?

Options
  • 16-04-2011 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry lads, not sure if this should be in Help or Feedback.
    All my notifications for new posts have stopped since yesterday morning (Friday).
    I remember this happened last year as well but it was sorted so hopefully its just a glitch.
    Just letting ye know ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I can see that your profile is set for instant e-mail notification. Are you still having problems with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep. Havnt got a thing for two days. Have to keep checking back.

Hi Zaph. Dont know if you got my reply on Saturday but still no alerts :-(

Still nothing. Getting worried now:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

I've just had a look through the mail server logs.

Our servers sent you mail today at 00:09:42, 10:31:54 and 11:32:43. The mail servers run by your e-mail provider accepted them without complaint, so they should have appeared on your end.

Does your mail provider do any spam filtering? Perhaps they're deleting/hiding the mails on their side?

• Advertisement

Hi. Only spotted this now.
    No I got nothing this morning. Nothing in spam either.
    It worked fine up to last week but then suddenly stopped. I presume its a problem on my side but cant figure it out.
    Its not the address I normally use but is/was handy as my phone lets me know when I get a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

I've just checked with another user who uses the same e-mail provider and e-mails to that e-mail address are received OK.

That indicates to me that it's probably an issue that you need to talk to your e-mail provider about. If it's an issue solely related to your account (or perhaps a small number of accounts) then they're the only ones with enough information to solve the problem.

Sorry we couldn't solve it on this end.

No probs. Ill give them a buzz.
    Wish me luck lol.

Advertisement