Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Helicopters

Options
  • 16-04-2011 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

There is one very loud right now, can you hear it.
    It's 2am ffs, they should seriously not be out this late waking people up. There is no need for them!! It's a regular problem!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

On rape patrol more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

They're not up there on the off chance that something MIGHT happen!! It's not a ford mondeo, ffs.
    If it's up, it's up for a reason. I'm sure if somebody had just broken into your house or stolen your car you'd want everything done to catch the maggot who did it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

But they're honestly waking me up so regularly. They fly around my estate at a low level for about 20mins, then they go away for 10 and come back. But they can't do anything from up there and there's feck all crime happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

But they're honestly waking me up so regularly. They fly around my estate at a low level for about 20mins, then they go away for 10 and come back. But they can't do anything from up there and there's feck all crime happening here.
    The garda helicopter is the best search tool AGS has, especially at night. The copter is equipped with a thermal imaging camera that can find someone hiding in a wheelie bin, back gardens or pitch black location in 30 seconds that would take an officer on the ground an hour to search, if he could at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

could just be training. they regularly follow random people around with the searchlight while training at night

• Advertisement

I can't believe no one else on here finds this annoying.
    They did it one Sunday night about 1230 a few months ago while i was in bed. Flying about for 45 mins out side. I kept looking out the window because I was sure they were doing a raid on a neighbors house or something, but no, nothing, just assing about above for no apparent reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Maybe its time to move, seems like your neighbours are a little less than desireable

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

mikom wrote: »
    On rape patrol more than likely.

A very cheap shot. Have you history with them ?
    They are up for a reason as it costs a lot of money to put them up there. There was one up a few weeks ago over my son's estate and he found out the next day that 3 burglars were arrested for breaking into an elderly gent's home and robbing him. 3 arrests and property recovered, thats why they are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Well thank god you don't live in a 'Metropolitan' city, like any of the US cities or major UK / European ones. The AGS heli carries out essential work / training, that can actually save lives, especially in pursuit tracking cases. Most 'busy' cities will have this every single night, and some times several times a night.

If you don't let it bother you, you will not notice it, and sleep through it soon enough. Bear in mind, instead of cursing it, that it could actually save someones life, or help track a wanted person.

The area is nice, neighbors are nice too.
    I know they're probably doing something important but they can't always need to be flying over the estate every few weeks at night.
    Im guessing that if they're looking for someone they're checking out the park beside me or something. It's just soooo loud, you'd actually think they're landing in the garden they're that loud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Have you noticed any Asian carrying large plants to and fro?

Are you talking about Chung-Ho?
    He's a busy lad alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 driveshaft

Fair play to the Police for bringing their chopper over to Ireland. I wonder what An Garda Siochana make of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 zathan

driveshaft wrote: »
    Fair play to the Police for bringing their chopper over to Ireland. I wonder what An Garda Siochana make of it all.

Well said driveshaft!!

Advertisement