Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI for Callan - again!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

It is becoming imperative that the people of Callan have a choice of where to shop in the town. Reports of the attitude of the management of the supermarket have caused people to stop shopping in Callan seem hard to believe.
    Neither do we need to travel to exercise that choice. It seems the people behind the objection to Aldi need to look in the mirror to understand why they are depriving the majority the freedom of choice, and not have the need to go elsewhere.
    I hope they look at the area designated for Aldi, and see what a waste of ground it is. Aldi are well known for their landscaping and care of the enviroment.
    I see Aldi is advertising jobs in the South East, pity it is not Callan, thank you for not letting extra jobs come to Callan and the loss of revenue for the council, what a wonderful attitude.
    To everyone else have a lovely day and enjoy the weekend, sincere regards and thank you for the support. Foxy:cool::cool::cool:

It has gone very quiet, hasn't it, guess it is just a question of waiting for the powers that be to decide one way or the other.
    I have decided that I really cannot put up with the lack of choice in Callan so will go to Clonmel or killkenny for shopping.
    Going to both Carrick and Loughboy supervalu's I am of the opinion Callan has only itself to blame for customer's going elsewhere.
    I know we have said shop local, but when it is costing money, no go for the best bargains, food is dear enough, and by this time next year money will be even tighter.
    So finger's crossed, must remember the food for the birds, have a nice day and thank you so much for the support, remember it is for Callan people and Callan jobs. Foxy:cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Hi Foxy, glad to see you are still soldiering on. I myself live in a nice town/suburb with 2 Aldis, 1 Lidl, 1 dunnes and 1 Supervalue and 2 butchers.

I have noticed a similiar trend here up to 10 years ago, a good but pricey butchers, and supervalue, who although stocked, where void of special offers and charged crazy amounts for products like deoderant, fancy bread, pasta sauces etc...

Since the multinationals have arrived things have definitely improves:

• the butchers are still around, albeit a bit pricey, but are focusing on artisan meats, luxury ready meals etc, they are as busy as ever,
    • a dunnes stores has since opened'
    • a fish mongers has opened,
    • the supervaue has fallen into line with the bigger supervalues around, now offering discount electrical purchases, liek electric blankets, aswell as special offers and fine ready meals, aswell as supervalues new value range

I feel that alot of people buy a certain amount in the germans,and then they will go to the butchers for their meat and supervalue for other miscellaneous buys. Recently alot of folk are using supervalue shopping in supervalue. I think that supervalue have had to adapt such a pricing strategy, as lets be honest, they are called supervalue

the town center is now vibrant, peoples palates have changed since the arrival of the germans, I think this is the reason for the fish monger.

All the best Foxy

Hi Calvin_Zola, brill post and many thanks.
    We have been quiet the last week or so as it is getting near, or so we think decision time, and one hopes the objectors have used the breathing space to reconsider what they are doing.
    No one is saying Aldi is the ultimate in discount shopping, though the discounter's have made the other supermarkets realise they cannot rip the Irish off any longer.
    Though there are still some silly prices in supervalue, equally we do get bargains but beware all that glitter's is not gold.
    I would feel happier if they would clean the checkout's, how they are allowed to operate in such a condition is a wonder, actually one presumes M usgraves do various Audit's on stores, well if they do it isn't that good here.
    I might as well say it now, if anyone goes to Loughboy Aldi, I think you will get the wrong impression, go to the one on the Hebron it is completely different, the staff are friendly, they do not rush to get you out, give it a whirl, it is handy for MacDonagh and TK Max bargains.
    Well objector's, the secret people who cannot come out into the open, when are you going to put the people of Callan first before your greed.?
    If you win, the people of Callan will be the loser's, but who is to say Callan people will continue supporting the shops in Green Street.
    So my many friends, thank you for supporting the cause.
    Sincere regards Foxy:cool::cool::cool:

Are we on the last lap? Will we know for sure whether Aldi is going to come to our town? Or are we going to have to endure shopping at a Mickey Mouse supermarket for years to come?
    I understand the frustration when one cannot buy simple things that no supermarket should run out of, a good reason for having an Aldi on hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 curiouskid

Hey foxy

I was informed of this page a few days ago, and thought I'd come on and have a nose. As a staff member in Supervalu when we first got wind of Aldi coming to Callan we all were against it as at the time hours were being cut and pay freezes going in. So our jobs to us were on the line. The recession doesn't help any either.
    But as time has gone on and hours are back to normal, and petrol prices going through the roof I am starting to come onboard of the Aldi train, (I am still worried about my job though). It would be good for Callan if it can attract more business' (you mentioned we don't have a charity shop in an old post, we do now!) I personally would love to see a book store and an old fahion sweet shop that has an ice-cream parlour for the summer. These things cost money and the government has messed alot of that up for us.
    The 2 boys have now been in Callan 10years this summer, not sure what they are planning but in my eyes it would be great to celebrate it with the people of Callan and the local community. And in the bits of gossip we here I think there is renovation and face lift plans in place when though is the next question.
    The staff do try to be as helpful and stock what we can but when we're told to only stock certain lines our hands are tied. Some things can not be got as they have been removed from our ordering system.
    I am in favour of Aldi as long as the people of Callan stay shopping at a store that has been there for them and held up well to the demands of the community during the 2 bad winters we had.
    curiouskid over and out ;)

Wow Curiouskid, that was a brave and well written post, and one I hope everyone reads, some dignity.
    To be honest if Aldi do come to Callan we will still need the boys, I manage to get in most days and usually get what I want, I am not rigid in my way of shopping.
    Yes, I go to Aldi and Lidl and Dunnes, even Tesco, Iceland and Superquinn, no i won't leave out M and S, nor Supervalu in Carrick or Loughboy, i am what you might call a dedicated shopper.
    It is not possible to take advantage of all the offer's around, and one probably wouldn't anyway, you can only eat so much food.
    If and it is only if, we get Aldi and it is run on the same lines as Loughboy, I would probably not even bother shopping there, however the Hebron one is definately better.
    As for worry about job's both Supervalu's appear busier than before, I know our one doesn't stock everything, but neither do Aldi or Lidl.
    If they are intending to update, the boy's can't someone ask them to clean the check outs, they are dire especially where the chewing gum is, and the express one, forget it.
    Your post was like a breath of fresh air it suited a day when the sun shone and winter blues were banished, thank you so much.
    My very sincere regards to everyone, and please read Curiouskid's post, Good Luck, Foxy:cool::cool::cool:

Thank you foxy. Brave I don't know honest maybe...

Hi Curiouskid.
    Can't ask for more than that, what a pity there are not more people like you in this world.
    It looks like you are getting strong support.
    Thanks again, Foxy

May I ask as to who is giving the strong support??? I have finally finished reading all your posts.... have you thought about talking to Martin or Dermot?? Even writing a letter to them and expressing the issues you have with parts of the store... Might be helpful for them and us to see it from an outsiders point of view where we are falling down and to be able to then compete with any new shopping establishment that might come to Callan.

• Advertisement

hi Curiouskid,
    I like your post, very good, support, just take a look at the number of views, if someone does not agree your opinion you will soon find out.
    However everyone is entitled to there opinion and hopefully you will agree I never knock or say anything detrimental to a post.
    Well, Dermot and Martin are in my opinion professional shopkeeper's, though in fairness they are a lot more than that, they took a gamble by putting money into Callan, and therefore are entitled to make a fair profit.
    Again you must agree that the store has been overtaken by that terrible misused word progress.
    I might be wrong but when they extended the store there was limits imposed on supermarkets as to size, but suddenly we were invaded by our friends in europe, who changed the face of grocery shopping forever.
    Supervalu was either lucky or unlucky in that they had town centre shops but lacked the space to extend, aldi and Lidl went for the out of town, easy parking sites, we might as well add Tesco as they operate on broadly similar lines.
    Our Callan shop cannot by reason of size, stock every conceivable need of the consumer, who with progress has drastically changed their eating habits, though one must say that "the boys" have tried to stock as much as they can.
    When someone says what do you think, they hadn't got this or they hadn't got that, which is easy if you don't own the shop.
    No one must runaway with the thought Aldi will have it all, oh dear no, they carry far fewer lines, I could easily do a weeks shopping in Supervalu, I doubt I would achieve that in Aldi.
    Then you might say why are you championing Aldi, I am not, though it may seem like it, I believe we need a choice, the freedom of the market place.
    Also Irish jobs are important, Aldi do buy in a great deal of Irish produce, which is grand for all concerned, equally Musgrave buy Irish produce, as a result I try to buy as much Irish made/produced food as possible.
    Because of globalisation we are at a disadvantage, it is difficult sometimes to detect the origin of food, one that annoy's me is made in the EU, though it normally means it isn't made in our country.
    As you know some food comes from far flung places and is either packaged or processed here to become Irish.
    There are so many examples, Irish cheese, goes off to either the North or the UK for packaging, why? Another anomaly, Chinese tinned strawberries, what are the factory standards like?
    Yes there are some things Aldi will sell for less than Supervalu, someone said about the low price of vegetables, if that is as far as your money goes I understand. Supervalu veg is probably the nearest you will get to an old fashioned street market display, it is a credit to the store, no one else can compete, not even your Superquinns and certainly not Tesco.
    So curiouskid, yes I will complain about the litter at the side of the ATM and also the checkouts, both "the boy's " should see that for themselves, as they should for the rolls etc.
    I personally would not insult either of "the boys" by writing to them or saying look at that or whatever, we will always need Supervalu in Callan,albeit a larger and more oppulent store.
    So i will close now and thank you and everyone, sincere regards Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

recently popped into the supervalue in callan. Appalled by the lack of choice. I live half way between callan and kilkenny and love callan as a town but there is no way I could ever shop there. there is no comparison between the supervalue in callan and the one in loughboy. prices are higher and I left without half my shopping list filled.
    A competitor of any sort would surely wake them from their reverie! How do callanites put up with it?
    best of luck fighting the good fight

frankie2shoes, appreciated and many thanks.
    You are quite right about our Callan supervalu, there is no comparison between the store and any other supervalu within reasonable driving distance.
    As for price comparison I have not got to that, perhaps I believed that all supervalu's charged the same price, though the lack of choice is a problem, one learns to be bendable.
    The reason the backing for Aldi has continued is blatantly obvious, prices and choice.
    To be fair the store is so small they are really stuck for space, I hoped that it would be upgraded and enlarged, though curiouskid indicates there are rumours to this effect, and musgraves stated they intended to put in place a store conversion during 2013, whether Callan qualifies we have no idea.
    Saturday is one of my Dunnes day's oh dear the choice is so much, people can knock them all they like but put one in Callan, no contest.
    I think they lack imagination compared to UK supermarkets like Morrision's and Sainsbury, off the point but it is a business that must stay creative and Callan isn't.
    We may well soon know whether we will or will not have Aldi, which ever way I suspect Loughboy will still be a favourite.
    Many thanks and enjoy the holiday, Foxy

I'm sorry now but all prices in all supervalu's are the same!!! Unless there is local produce items thats where prices will differ!!!! We all run on one system where if a price is changed you have to explain why!!! UGH so annoyed by some people!!! You knock Supervalu Callan but have you seen the size of the one in Callan compared to the one in Loughboy BIG difference. So obviously a range of items can not be stocked! However if you ask staff for what you are looking for they will do their best to get it in.

Well curiouskid has said it all, Supervalu prices are the same which ever store you visit, and it is fair comment that Callan cannot stock the same as
    Loughboy or Carrick.
    I don't have a problem with Callan, we know its limitations and one learns to deal with them.
    I understand those who have trouble shopping in a small supermarket, as I have said Sainsbury, Morrision's, Asda and Tesco in the UK are where I did most of my shopping, however Callan is okay.
    So this is why we say we want Aldi ,not that it is much different but it will give shoppers more choice.
    We will always need supervalu in Callan, it stocks things that Aldi doesn't, and in any case Super valu's staff are the tops.
    Haved a n ice day Foxy

No I don't, I spent a considerable amount of time to-day suppoprting Callan, and was told that they had never heard anyone else support the shop.
    They declared it was almost impossible to do the weekly shop due to not having this or not having that, I could not agree because despite the smallness, the boys try to stock as much as possible.
    If aldi appear the staff will not compare with Callan, in fact very few shops have such brilliant staff.
    Have you ever tried shopping at Londis? Price wise it would banklrupt you, apart from the very limited stock, but they do run some spectacular discounts.
    I think I might have won the discussion. we need supervalu even if it doesn't expand,and we do need an alternative whom ever.
    Have a good night ,Foxy

Ssh, it has gone very quiet, I wonder what is happening, there appears to be no news.
    However I gather the regulations regarding supermarkets has been changed just recently, allowing like 3000 sq metres of floor space, but not allowing hypermarkets to operate in small towns, it was said they could suck the life out of them, typical politicians, the towns have got to have life in them in the first place.
    Aldi for Callan will hopefully bring some life back into the town, it is not quite dead, but dam near, the only part breathing is supervalu.
    We really should not have to travel to either Clonmel or Kilkenny to have a choice, equally with the change in shopping for groceries etc, no one wants to have to carry shopping bags any distance, free parking and trolleys are the key.
    The Aldi/Lidl concept of free parking and to an extent supervalu is really an incentive to shop, I personally will not go to dunnes in kilkenny market yard, the car park is a nightmare, equally the one in Macdonough is almost as bad, but at least you can walk around in comfort on a cold wet and windy day.
    I know it is sad for older people to see the little grocery shops going, but the truth is they cannot compete on price or stock with any of the supermarkets, and people do not want to pay extra just to keep them open.
    If there was an incentive like no rates, on shops under a certain size, perhaps they could get the prices lower and we might see some change, but again one stop shopping is the thing. A small greengrocer is stuck unless the shop has a quick turnover, fruit and veg won't last long, and nobody is going to buy food past its best just to keep a shop open.
    I have been to shops that sell a small amount of fruit and veg with groceries etc, and to be honest I wondered about the owner, did he really expect someone to come in and buy something that should have been thrown away days ago?
    Well the sun is shining fingers still crossed, will get cramp at this rate, have a nice day, sincere regards, Foxy

Hello, no news yet as to what is happening about Aldi, very frustrating but it would be nice to know one way or the other.
    Our local elected representatives are keeping a low profile, no doubt tired after all the conferences at 95c a mile or is it kilometre?
    Right, where do we stand, we really do need a larger store, it is the lack of choice, nothing to do with supervalu, I want to be able to decide where i shop, okay clonmel is not far away and plenty of choice equally kilkenny is about the same distance.
    Carlow is boasting they have M & S coming and boots, Tesco is already there and a new Penney's, though it is a wee bit further to go, parking is so much better than Kilkenny.
    I want to see Callan people with Callan jobs, our town, booming we might even get a good chippy where one can sit and enjoy the food.
    Will the old men give up, times have changed so have the people.
    Sincere regards, Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LYND

Hi,

In a bid to support Aldi I ring the planning office in Kilkenny every Monday - they are waiting with baited breath, so the girl said to see whether its been passed. Would say form the sound of it, shes form Callan!

Anyway its still going through apeak with an bord peanalla. I myself am sick of Supervalues prices, the staff and not all of them, look sad and dont seem to enjoy their jobs. Maybe a morale boost of some competition woul be good. I can get a full shop in Aldi or Lidl in town and S.V costs me 30.00 for 4 items i need specifaclly for my children, its mad.

I cant wait until it comes and I do hope they utilise Callan for the summer, it needs busines and theres a lot of history there, we need to advertise it more.

:rolleyes:

Well have been keeping quiet of late, expecting a result of some sort, however it does seem to be dragging on.
    I think there are a great many who are virtually praying for the opportunity to have a choice in Callan.
    I do think some of supervalu prices leave a lot to be desired, there are also some good bargains, but one has to look hard, and I am not talking Essentials or Nice Day goods, which i don't really want, though I guess if you are on a tight budget they would be welcome.
    At the moment there appears to be a lack of stock in some area's of the store, a friend said have a look at the dairy area, but when they asked they were told "we are waiting for stock to come in".
    It must happen from time to time, but not much help if you have to travel to Kilkenny for shopping.
    Of course if we do not get Aldi or anyone else to come, what is the answer then? Clonmel or Kilkenny or Carrick.
    The silly old men of Callan obviously have no interest in the town, otherwise they would withdraw the objection.
    Our elected representatives are also very quiet on our behalf or is it the time for birds to feather their nests.
    No doubt if it was election time they would be so busy, I notice someone appears to be wasting a lot of money on signposts, our money, you can't win them all so they say.
    Do enjoy this marvelous weather, sincere regards are thanks for the support.
    Foxy

• Advertisement

Good Morning Callan
    All quiet on the Aldi front, though the firm is still progressing in other towns, to quote a councillor, there are some who take an interest in those who elected them, unfortunately this particular person lives in an area of Limerick, having Aldi wanting to expand gives a clear impression to other small businesses that despite the recession they can succeed.
    It was also emphasised that choice was a motivating factor, it meant the consumer, us, would inevitably get a better deal.
    I suppose as a councillor if you keep stum, you will not limit your opportunities at the next election, want a bet.
    I note that other's are bemoaning the lack of things on the shelves in our little supermarket.
    I see Musgrave lorries delivering to other supervalu's on Sundays, is there some logistical reason our supervalu is losing out.
    Let's hope things are better today, see you there as they say.
    Have a really good day, sincere regards, Foxy

Hi everyone.
    I suppose no news is good news, but it really is of great concern not actually knowing what is what.
    The poor people of Callan still have no other choice but to shop in supervalu, though it is essential we really really do need choice.
    Even the amount of stock carried by supervalu is insufficient, the dairy products do the place no favour, there just isn't the selection, especially yoghurts.
    But the sun is shining so enjoy the day, but do not get burnt, very easy when it is this hot.
    Sincere regards and do take extra care, some people cannot cope with this weather. Foxy

Still waiting for any news, just a snippet would be of assistance, it is the waiting which is worse, the eventual outcome, well we cannot do much about that.
    I read that the British supermarket chain Waitrose is now supplying Dunnes with items, if you do not recognise the name, Waitrose were last years supermarket of the year.
    I always put superquinn on a similar plane, until the sell out, though from what I see very little has changed, it is still a brilliant though more expensive place to shop. It seems Musgraves might just keep the name alive and not integrate it into a supervalu.
    There are problems as I believe most Supervalu stores are independently owned, unlike Dunnes, Aldi or Lidl and not forgetting Tesco which are company owned.
    Had a snoop round yesterday, had a look at Eurospar, apart from the layout which was far better than the aisles approach, the store was well stocked, I guess one of the problems with Callan is the lack of inspiration or imagination, perhaps that is unfair as it is an awkward sized store.
    I also went to Aldi on the Hebron, one thing Callan has that is sadly lacking in Aldi is staff, if it was for staff quality supervalu would win hands down, despite comments that sometimes they do not lok like they are enjoying working, don't we all have the same problem sometimes?
    Of course we want choice in Callan, but as it has been said Aldi is not the be all and end all, far from it, the food quality goes without saying, a point supervalu should take heed of, sell by dates, it is a pain in the butt having to check every item in supervalu, why do they not get a proper internal audit scheme working?
    Staff should be encouraged to take responsibility for such things, it is part of the joy of working in retail, making sure, some items which go off are not the stores fault, but other's are.
    Any way keep finger's crossed, and keep a look out for any news.
    As always sincere regards, and thanks, Foxy:pac::pac:

Sometimes I do get things wrong, no one is perfect. When Lynd wrote that some of the staff at supervalu were not exactly bubbling over with enthusiasm, I didn't give the comment, the commitment I should have, sorry.
    Most times I have defended the staff, some of them are brilliant, others are not.
    This morning was a fine example of why we need Aldi or anyone else who fancies coming to Callan, boy do we need a choice.
    There was no fish on the fish counter at 9.o clock, ice but no fish, there is no alternative in Callan, the staff did not seem preturbed, nice one.
    The dairy display, wasn't, one might have thought they were about to give the shop up, again no alternative.
    The bread man, except Keogh's had not arrived even at 9.30, so the advert Brennan's bread today, didn't actually apply.
    The cold meat aisle, no lights on the cabinet's, perhaps they didn't need one to see the sell by dates.
    You might laugh, but when one see's a staff member push a display to the back of the shelf, to put fresh stock on it, that is asking for trouble.
    So all in all not a good morning in Callan, to make it even better there was only two checkouts open with long queue's at both and no relief staff to help.
    Many people only had a few items, would you really bother, if they are not ready to serve at 9am tell people the shop won't be open until 10,
    You were right Lynd, if we do not get an alternative I think i will run to Kilkenny, I hate half hearted shops.
    Well have a really super day and of course Bank holiday weekend, I nearly forgot that, sincere regards as always, Foxy

I am becoming a little despondent at the lack of any information regarding Aldi, and at the same time looking at the excuse of a supermarket we have to endure, though it is possible it is all we will have in Callan.
    Which if that is the case will send more people to Kilkenny and clonmel for shopping, if one looks at the broad picture stores in Thomastown and Carrick will also benefit.
    I love fish, provided it is not Coley or Whiting, unfortunately supervalu's idea of a fish counter does not generate sufficient interest for me to actually buy what is on offer.
    I went in the day before yesterday, one presumes it was Coley and Kipper's, okay we perhaps are being pickey looking for signs to tell us what it is on display, however despite being told, the counter of fish looked more like it had surrendered some time ago. Fish finger's looked a better bet.
    I get the feeling all is not well with our store, the yogurts are not exactly over flowing, and round the otherside there is a distinct lack of choice of cooked meats unless one is a devotee of Supervalu branded food.
    As we have been told some of the staff have a complete lack of interest, however there are those who are the reverse and go out of their way to be helpful.
    Bread, sometimes they have what I like, and most of the time they do not, thankfully Mr Keogh does well with his delicious loaves, as one really expects from a master baker, I think we are fortunate having such a man in our midst, can you imagine what the bread would look like without Mr Keogh.
    I would have thought merangue nests would have been a favourite during the summer with all the fresh soft fruit available, not in our store, none.
    I thought the price of fresh potatoes direct from Wexford was somewhat high at 5.50 for a small bag, I don't know but is it comparable with the ones sold on the roadside?
    The other night I went to Loughboy, probably the wrong thing to do,
    it was like going into wonderland, the distinction between two stores could not have been greater, apart from the branding one would never have guessed they belong to the same group.
    Well will we be confined to travelling away from Callan to shop? Or will the old men give up trying to take us back to the 1970's, surely they cannot want that, what have the people of Callan done to warrant such punishment, it is like a sentance, "You will shop in supervalu whether you like it or not, we are in control, do as we say."
    Think about it, and have a splendid day and weekend come to that. Sincere best wishes, Foxy:P:P:P

Still waiting, how much longer? as someone said no news is good news, yes, ok.
    Well I have not been into our one supermarket since last week, Saturday is Dunnes, Monday Superquinn, it is difficult to go back after all the choice, last week was a dire week for our store, a complete lack of choice on quite a few items.
    Perhaps the two boys should read Terry Leahy's book on how he turned Tesco around, one important aspect is to get the staff behind you, get them to take a pride in their work/shop, there is nothing to stop management for lack of a better word, from getting their coat off and showing they can do it.
    Equally do we want to look at pictures of one of the lads, of course we don't, get rid of them, the pictures.
    Lastly for tonight clean the till area's they are a disgrace, they might be old but they do not have to be dirty, look under the chewing gum, yuk.
    Any news and we will be in touch.
    Sincere regards as always Foxy:cool::cool::cool:

our special agent 007, tells me that the result will be known either at the end of this week or next, our agent is reliable source of information.
    Pity the old men of Callan do not give a hoot about the community, let us hope they will rue the day, if not now but in the future.
    I checked out the tills today, how the store got any award is difficult to understand, it obviously doesn't stand for much, the dirt can be scrapped off.
    Well enjoy the rain will be back soon. Sincere regards Foxy:cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Why is this thread still open if there is only person chatting to themselves on it? It should of been locked ages ago. :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

S28382 wrote: »
    Why is this thread still open if there is only person chatting to themselves on it? It should of been locked ages ago. :confused:

Thank you for your input but I don't have enough reason to lock this thread currently. This forum is fairly quiet and unless there's more traffic around here, I won't be locking threads without a valid reason. If the subject of a thread doesn't interest you, just don't read it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I think there is a valid reason, its constantly up the top of the main kilkenny forum page, and there is only one person talking to themselves on it, no one but one person has bumped this up every day its a bit strange dont you think. I understand you not locking it i just think its a bit silly considering that no one else is taking part in the discussion,obviously no one cares about the topic no more.

Advertisement