Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead Heat query.

• 16-04-2011 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I backed Tiger Woods ew at 12/1 5 euro on. Of course he placed but I only got a third of the returns i expected.

I thought the dead heat rule only applied if a player is tied for the last place the bookie is paying out on (5 places in this case).

I read the rules of this particular bookie and they were right to apply dead heat in this situation but in previous occasions with other bookies I would have been right.

Do all bookies state that dead heat applies to any player who is tied and not just the players tied for the last place the bookie is paying on?

I want to know if they treated me badly or if I was wrong so I can decide whether to use them again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

King Kenny wrote: »
    I backed Tiger Woods ew at 12/1 5 euro on. Of course he placed but I only got a third of the returns i expected.

I thought the dead heat rule only applied if a player is tied for the last place the bookie is paying out on (5 places in this case).

I read the rules of this particular bookie and they were right to apply dead heat in this situation but in previous occasions with other bookies I would have been right.

Do all bookies state that dead heat applies to any player who is tied and not just the players tied for the last place the bookie is paying on?

I want to know if they treated me badly or if I was wrong so I can decide whether to use them again.

If you had a reduction of 1/3 then it seems you placed the bet when the bookies were only paying out on 4 places?

If it had been the first 5 then the reduction on your bet would have been 2/3 as 3 players tied for the last 2 places.

The tied fourth place here is the last place the bookies are paying out on as no one finished 5th: ie Woods, Ogilvy and Donald filled up the 4th and 5th place payouts with the 4th place being split by 1/3 and the 5th 2/3.

This is how golf is always settled, you weren't treated badly

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

As above poster said this is how golf is always settled, you should of shopped around tho there were alot of bookies paying 6 places in the masters ;)

Advertisement