Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW E60 535D Electrical problem

• 16-04-2011 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I have a 535D 2005 which has an intermittent electrical problem. Shortly after starting the car the electrical power seems to cut out for a second and every error message under the sun comes up on the idrive. battery fault, servotronic failure, abs failure etc etc. If you switch off and restart its fine then all day. Generally happens about 3 or 4 mins after you start the car.

So far have had a new battery fitted and coded correctly, new IBS battery lead, New MPM module. Now running out of ideas and money.

Anyone ever heard of this before or any ideas on what to check next. A few US BMW forums have shown the same issues with cars there but there were no posts on what actually causes it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I don't think anyone's going to have the answer here. I'm guessing it's had time to sit on a BMW GT1 or the newer ISIS diagnostic machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Are we nearly there yet....

The only thing that shows up on a diagnostic check is low voltage so we changed battery and MPM module. Alternator seems ok and charging voltages are fine. At €800 I am holding off changing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Have a look on bimmerforums.com and bmw-driver.net for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 marzi

this is a bulletin that was sent out to bmw dealers, follow the link...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/40404048/SI-B-61-13-06-Electrical-Problems-Caused-by-Water-Ingress-1

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Are we nearly there yet....

Got it sorted at last. The regulator in the alternator was faulty and was causing electrical spikes which were knocking out the electronics intermittently. Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 boyboogy

@ Are we nearly there yet.... I think I have exactly the same issue. Can you tell me what sort of cost was it to replace the alternator regulator?

Advertisement