Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone Unlocking systems

Options
  • 16-04-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi,
    Thanks to the recession and its consequent emigration of our youth, I have now inherited a number of locked (Vodafone & 3) smartphones. As a techie I would like to experiment with unlocking and I understand the following options are available to me:
    1. Send my IMEI and recieve an unblocking code - I assume free options are not very reliable and its not what I want to do.
    2. Order a database - I assume free or cheap offers are not reliable and will only cover old or certain makes and again not very exciting?
    3. Flash method - This is probably where I am going and again I assume free or cheap option carry some risks which can have serious consequences on the equipment?

I would appreciate your advices and in particular something I should not do
    Thanking in anticipation.

Advertisement