Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Making

Options
  • 16-04-2011 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I have decided to make easter eggs this year. Anyone recommend best chocolate to use and where to buy in Dublin? I tried LIDL chocolate last night and it was a disaster!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

What went wrong with the Lidl chocolate? Which chocolate was it, milk, dark, plain, % cocoa solids? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

It might not have been the chocolate...perhaps the way you tempered it?
    Valrhona is the best but if you dont know what your doing with it you will just ruin it and be better off buying Valrhona easter eggs instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

I know it's a bit late now but for future reference it may have been the quantity of cocoa solids in the chocolate. I made eggs last year (as a complete beginner), can't remember exactly what brand but chances are it was either Tesco's own brand or Lindt. Made a dark chocolate egg for my dad, but my mam doesn't like dark chocolate so made a milk chocolate egg for her. The dark chocolate was much easier to work with and turned out better.

Advertisement