Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griselinia Recovery

Options
  • 16-04-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭

So we all have half dead Griselinia hedges & have to decide the best course of action to help them recover. The problem that I have found is that advice varies.

For example Dermot O'Neil on Mooney said to feed them with a mulch & to cut the hedge to promote new growth. This is in contradiction to a lot of online experts who say that you should not fertilise or cut until you seen signs of new growth.

I am about to do some experimenting with different areas of the hedge but what do you guys think ?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I shouldn't be replying, I'm trying to stop my inherited griselinia from recovering!
    I'd go with option 2, wait for new growth before taking action. No point mulching if the plants aren't growing.

Advertisement