Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Dog Crate

• 16-04-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

I need to buy a big crate because I want to travel with the roof down & I wouldn't trust my little hooligan to not jump out !.

Ideally I would like a square one 36ins (90cm) x 36ins but I may need to settle for a rectangle.

So who makes the best & where is the best place to get one ?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have 2 crates, one is a Savic crate, very strong and well made. I got it from a pet shop near me (too far from Galway) for about €45(78x40ish) , it would fit a cocker size dog. But it is very heavy and hard to fold flat (without catching your fingers I mean).
    The other is a cheap copy, black powder coated, bigger size 92 x 60?, sorry can't remember, but cost about same, is half the weight of the Savic and easy to fold.
    Both the crates have plastic bases that slide out to clean, both are equally strong. I think the best you can do is look around, most places will let you take one out for a look.
    The newest of mine is 2 years old, no probs so far.
    Don't go for one of those nylon ones, I tried that with the little dog and first time I put her in it she opened the zip and escaped. (it was in the night and I found her when I got up at 6am on the sofa with her legs is the air, snoring)

Is there a petmania near you? They have them quite often, but are more expensive.

Edit to add, had a little chuckle at the thought of the 3 dogs lined up in the back of a convertible.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Zooplus have a good selection in different sizes. Check co.uk, ie and de as prices vary on the different sites.

I got this one for a cocker 92 x 62 x 69 cm £49.90 (sterling): http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/carriers/metal_cages_and_boxes/13555

Did the job, 2 doors, and easy to fold.

Advertisement