Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surround Sound system - connectivity problem.

• 16-04-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Hope someone can help...

I have a Panasonic SA-MT1 surround sound home entertainment system.
    I used to have it connected to an old 32" CRT Philips TV, everything worked fine.

Some time back, I replaced the TV with an AMSTAR FHD LCD TV.

Ever since, the TV sound will not play through the surround sound system.

I can also play DVD's on the panasonic system and the image will appear on the TV but no sound through the TV, only from the surround sound system.

I really want to be able to watch TV music channels, Sky movies and matches with the sound through the surround system but cannot figure it out. I have swapped out scart leads and also tried both scart sockets on the TV, still the same.

There is only one scart socket on the surround sound system and I have this connected directly to one scart socket on TV
    I also have the SKY box connected directly to the other TV scart socket.

I have even tried connecting a cable with red and white phono leads from the surround sound/DVD system to the red and white phono sockets on the TV, no joy.

I am at my wits end cos it all worked fine with the old TV but not with the new one.

Apologoes if this question has been answered before, I searched but could not find it.

Panasonic SA-MT1
    Panasonic%20SA-MT1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

You need to check what Audio Inputs the Panasonic has in order to see what connections are available.

You then need to check the TV to see what Audio Outputs exist and see if you have a match between the two?

If you do its just a case of matching them up and setting the Panasonic to the correct source e.g. VCR/AUX, and possibly the TV also.

I had a quick Google but could not find the TV or manual online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I was about to post some advice, but saw you got it sorted.

Advertisement