Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing tag rugby in Cork

Options
  • 16-04-2011 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm new in Cork and looking to get involved in playing some tag rugby. Anybody know (or in) a team with spare places for guys?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ireland1000

yep, i'm looking too join a team 2, average standard and girlfriend (starter)
    any takers out there????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eoincathal

It would mean parting with 120 Euro up front though: http://www.tagrugby.ie/Find-A-Team.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Hi Guys,
    Im looking to play a bit of tag this summer as well. I have played a bit with friends before, nothing major. I was having a look around online and fround this. Starts May 12th in Highfield RFC on the modelfarm road. Any takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eoincathal

I've think got a place in team via the link I posted earlier - the team pool got filled so that should be me sorted. If that falls through (hopefully not though) I'd join you in the Highfield setup.

In response to the filling up of the initial 3 teams, they've opened up places in 2 or 3 other teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 legaleye

Hey, I'm just short a few players for a full team & looking to make a full team of 12. We're in the Cork Con RFC grounds on Wednesday evening, at beginners level, if anyone is interested in joining us...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lbuckley100

eoincathal wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm new in Cork and looking to get involved in playing some tag rugby. Anybody know (or in) a team with spare places for guys?

Thanks!

Hi,

We need 1 maybe 2 guys to join our tag team which is beginning in Cork Con on thursday 19 May 2011. Cost is €55. We are in the beginners league. If interested let me know. We need to know as soon as possible!!!

Thanks,
    Linda <snip> No phone numbers
    lbuckley100@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Hi,

We need 1 maybe 2 guys to join our tag team which is beginning in Cork Con on thursday 19 May 2011. Cost is €55. We are in the beginners league. If interested let me know. We need to know as soon as possible!!!

Thanks,
    Linda
    lbuckley100@gmail.com
    I just signed up last week through tagrugby.ie for a team in Cork Con, starting on the 19th as well. Had you said earlier I would have joined you. My team still needs one more guy according to the website and if the team dosnt fill up it will not play. Im sure something will be sorted on the night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

Hello, I will be moving to cork on the 22nd of may and would love to play tag, does anyone know of any spaces on a team that would not cost too much to join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 laura88

hey,
    myself and my friend (both girls) are looking to join a team for the summer if places are still available??

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭The Duke of Moral Hazard

I'm just finishing exams, this week would love to get back playing. I've played a bit before, I'm fairly handy on a good day.

Anyone know where the best place is to find a team near to Cork City?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 graffikaz

Me 2, did you get sorted? Is it only tag rugby yourself and your GF interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭linfield

graffikaz wrote: »
    Is it only tag rugby yourself and your GF interested in?

Dirty fooker....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 graffikaz

Nope thats just you, I was just asking is tag rugby the only SPORT they are interested in doing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gagonmine

Hey there if any teams have spaces for a male player let me know please

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

hey guys,

thinking about forming a team with - anyone got an idea of where a league is on?
    Is summertime a bad time to be joining a league?

Cheers x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

I wouldnt mind giving this a go,iv never played tag rugby before but i have a good enough fitness level. Has anyone on this actually created a team yet?

Is it 7 or 6 aside? There always has to be a min of 3 girls playing right or at least that is what a girl in work told me.

How about from now on you say for example your name to a list and say your gender

fol20 - male

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

Count me in too...
    Fol20 wrote: »
    How about from now on you say for example your name to a list and say your gender

fol20 - male
    Corked - male

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gagonmine

You have a team of 12 and only 7 play at anyone time, with a minimum of 3 females on the pitch all the time.
    I would deffo be up for it

fol20 - male
    Corked - male
    gagonmine - male

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Hi,

We need 1 maybe 2 guys to join our tag team which is beginning in Cork Con

So you're the fecker parking on the double yellow lines during the week and making exiting my estate impossible & dangerous?? [BEGIN THE HUNT!!]

sniper.jpg

Advertisement