Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Gone Missing - Owner Heartbroken

• 16-04-2011 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I am absolutely heartbroken after my cat, Felix, went missing.

Details: Black and white, nearly three years old, medium to large, neutered, cataract-type cloud over left eye, no collar, not microchipped.

Date lost: Saturday, 09 Apr 2011
    Location lost: Cremore Villas, Glasvenin, Dublin.

I am lost without him. If you think you've seen please leave a message here or phone or text me on 086 1797 509.

Here's a link with more details:
    http://www.pets.ie/lost_found/2_year_old_black_and_white_cat_lost_dublin-2270.html

(Mods: hope this is in order. If not please accept my apologies).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Michael McArdle

Sorry mods, have just seen lost and found sticky now. I've re-posted my message there. Please feel free to delete this. Tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

O God Michael, I am so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how you are feeling. I cant offer you any help except my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if he comes back:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

If you haven't already done so, ask all your neighbours to check inside their garden sheds, literally go door-to-door and ask.
    The recent unusually warm weather had people cutting grass and gardening and warm sheds are very attractive to cats, they can so easily get locked in accidentally.
    Did you put a notice in the Vets with a picture?

Cats DO go missing for days sometimes, one of mine disappeared for over a week, then appeared on the garden wall looking very disoriented, wouldn't come when I called him, we had to actually lift him down to get him. He was hungry, but not starving and we could never work out what had happened to him. He was about 12 at the time and neutered, and had never really gone walk-about before that.
    Hope your Felix comes home soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Michael McArdle

Shazanne and Rancid, thank you both for your very kind messages and extremely helpful suggestions. I've put flyers, with a photo of my cat and a request for people to check gardens, sheds etc, in through the letterboxes of 500 houses in the area. I've also put them up on lampposts and garda station and veterinary practice noticeboards. I've posted notices on animal welfare and lost and found websites and Facebook pages. In addition, I've been on to Dublin City Council to ask if his dead body was picked up by one if its street cleaning teams. But they say no, it hasn't. I've also spent hours and hours walking and driving the roads searching for him. But all to no avail. I miss him so, so much and just wish I could find him or he'd come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Dont give up hope at all just yet Michael. My cat also went awol for 3 days and nights last summer. I was frantic and was convinced he'd gone for good. He arrived back collarless with the local stray tom cat who he obviously went on an adventure with.Delighted with himself so he was. They'd have your heart broke i tell ya. You've done literally everything you can do so im crossing my fingers here that he too has just decided to have a little adventure for a few days ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Please God Michael he will come back. Cats are notorious for their adventures, as the previous poster said, and they often show up days or even a couple of weeks later. I do hope your guy comes home. He obviously knows he's well loved:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanya1988

I really hope you can locate your kitty my two cats went missing ove two years ago one in th city before we moves and another in our new house in the country its a horrible experience i still havent given up hope and hopefully will return. The key is never give up home.

Advertisement