Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Prices

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Just following on from what Sully is talking about and the quality of fuel. It can definitely vary from station to station, I found with TOP in Ferrybank I was getting around 75KM less to a tank than if I filled with Texaco across the road. That's with similar driving routines and styles just to note.

Was recently meeting someone in Westmeath who told me not to fill with diesel up there as the diesel was washed and was so bad it he couldn't even burn a hedge with it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

and its now 1.54'9 on the cork road today,,and have to agree with other op's,im not getting the same milage from the petrol as i was last year and iv factored in the added cost ,,it has me thinking who ever is supplying the petrol to this country is probaly buying the cheapest ****e he can and selling it on for max profit,and also have to say some of the petrol stations i use well used to use,,iv often stopped into to them to turn off the petrol light and have ten extra mile,and when i drive out of the forcourt the light is still on,,iv even said it to a few taxi drivers on a spin home on a night out and a few of them say they are finging them selves in the forcourt a bit more than often of late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Filled up in Walsh's Texaco garage on the Cork Road opposite Heitons this morning. It was either 148.9 or 149.9 per litre.

Was on the warning light for a couple of journeys so it must have been pretty empty. Cost €61.24 to fill it up and I reset the odometer once filled so it'll be interesting to see what kind of mileage I get from it. I'll try to do this a few times and see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Any iPhone users should try using the Road Trip app, I've been using it for a while to measure my MPG - currently averaging 41.2MPG with 45.36 on the last journey, Going to try and monitor over the next few fills how much of a difference different stations give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

That's cheap lads. Just to let you know I'm currently paying around €1.61 €1.65 per litre for diesel here in the UK! It's more expensive than petrol over here.

I am getting nearly 60mpg so that's not too bad.

I also recommend the Fuel Log app for you Android Users.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topaz Manor dropped to 149.9 today. Was more expensive last night.

Tramore same price and didn't run with increasing prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I see crude prices dropped last night by a massive $12 a barrel, and is expected to fall further.

I wonder how long it will take for the retail price to fall, if it even does, given that the instant crude prices rise, we see an increase at the pumps.

A.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There up and down in Topaz. Seems to be changing frequently during the week, was 154.9 last night and is now 151.9. Card price is 154.9 as of midnight.

Quick to put it up, not so quick to put it down. I noted the News and Star focused just on Tesco for their random pricing around Waterford but tbh they are generally offering petrol cheaper and others seem intent on screwing us and didn't get discussed. I guess it makes no odds on the petrol station anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

The fuel depo between Morrises and Dunphys shop is doing road diesel for 1.40 per L ,passed by today ,cheapest by far around the town

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

You might as well hike up the tax on alcohol too while you're at it, maybe tea, coffee, sugar, all luxury nonessential items.

• Advertisement

I stay away from Topaz as they are owned by Shell and I don't think I need to point out why people are unhappy with shell at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

ikeano29 wrote: »
    You might as well hike up the tax on alcohol too while you're at it, maybe tea, coffee, sugar, all luxury nonessential items.

Why not just give it all to the robbers in govt and then let them distribute all our essentials as they see fit...kinda like the dole but for the employed! It really worked well in Russia....workers unite you have nothing to lose but your chains!!! LMFAO

Edz87 wrote: »
    I stay away from Topaz as they are owned by Shell and I don't think I need to point out why people are unhappy with shell at the moment.

Never knew that, always thought they were an Irish company.

Still, im not going to boycott them due to the nonsense that's happening elsewhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Sully wrote: »
    Never knew that, always thought they were an Irish company.

Still, im not going to boycott them due to the nonsense that's happening elsewhere in Ireland.

gulf of mexico maybe ,,,we mite be in recession but them folks are fooked cause of the oil disaster .i wont support them again either the statoil multi nationals and there name changes and there prices ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

alinton wrote: »
    I see crude prices dropped last night by a massive $12 a barrel, and is expected to fall further.

I wonder how long it will take for the retail price to fall, if it even does, given that the instant crude prices rise, we see an increase at the pumps.

A.

not sure when the price will drop at home , but here in sydney it dropped by 5c per litre yesterday ,i presume in reaction to the price of oil dropping , but ireland being ireland , im sure it will take a week or two to take effect.

gulf of mexico maybe ,,,we mite be in recession but them folks are fooked cause of the oil disaster .i wont support them again either the statoil multi nationals and there name changes and there prices ha

Mistakes and cockups happen. If it was a regular occurring, fair enough. But no large company out there is perfect, and if we boycotted them all or all those who acted wrong - we wouldn't have many businesses to turn to. Besides, there is more blame pointing elsewhere for the gulf error - and it shall be interesting to see how the court case works out.

Topaz provides a service, they are creating jobs in Ireland and as long as its generally aboveboard how they operate and its a proper price - I personally have no problem using them. Or any other operator for that matter.

Just my view tho

I have my reasons for not liking topaz, I'm not calling to arms against them lol as I hate those kind of people. So if someone wants to support them then fair enough, nothing I can do about it.

Has anyone been to Ancona in Dungarvan? They are independent, have the cheapest prices in the county and they will fill it for you. I do a lot of travelling around the country and have never been to a better petrol station. I would highly recommended them!:D

Tesco is 147.9 in Ardkeen. Reopened today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Edz87 wrote: »

Nigeria is another place that got the Shell treatment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement