Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems after flashing with falsh360

Options
  • 16-04-2011 3:31pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, first off I already had the xbox working with dash 12611, I wanted to update it to 12625.
    No I am not sure if I have already discovererd my slight error, I will explain at the end.
    here is what I did anyway,
    I had flash360 on a usb drive, I used jtag tool by coolshrimp
    I Put my cpu key in I may have selected jasper 256MB (I have a 512mb) as I noticed when I went back into the program that was the option
    I selected "create FB" and saved the file as updflash.bin
    I put this updflash.bin in the same folder as flash360 on the usb.
    I went into xex menu & opened flash 360,
    Selected to back up, it gave 4 "reading block error 97F status 250" errors all at status 250, but at dfifferent blocks. I stupidly ignored & continued
    I went back to start of itand then Write updflash.bin to Nand
    & Raw Flash without keeping current kv/config
    ignored the usual errors & wrote it, everything seemed to have went grand,
    shut down, pulled the power plug.
    Now when I turn it on I get no display & the only light on the xbox is the little small green power one..
    Any ideas Were I can take it from here? I have all my orgional file Thanks TV ;)
    I have my own usb nand reader, is my option to connect this & write xell or xellus again, or repair bad nand

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

You don't really need to use Flash360, I would have just gone and compiled the updflash.bin and threw it on a USB stick then boot the Xbox 360 with the eject button, Xellous takes care of the rest :D

You have really nothing to worry about as long as you have the original NAND and CPU key intact, I would recommend flashing the stock NAND with your USB reader and recompile updflash.bin with Coolshrimp then update through Xellous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If you can get into Xellous then you're still golden - thing is Xellous won't work over HDMI, just regular cables.

If you can't get into Xellous then your only option is to hook up the nand reader/writer and write to your nand that way. Whether you want to use nandpro to write Xellous or the whole updflash.bin file you're generating is up to you.

Personally if I had to hook up the nand tool I'd write Xellous and stick updflash.bin onto a USB stick and let Xellous flash it. But I wouldn't disconnect the nand reader until I had a nice new dashboard welcome screen looking at me :D

If you need me to generate a updflash.bin file for 12625 then let me know, I don't use Coolshrimp's tool because I had problems with it a while back, I use the actual fbBuild :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

justryan wrote: »
    You don't really need to use Flash360, I would have just gone and compiled the updflash.bin and threw it on a USB stick then boot the Xbox 360 with the eject button, Xellous takes care of the rest :D

You have really nothing to worry about as long as you have the original NAND and CPU key intact, I would recommend flashing the stock NAND with your USB reader and recompile updflash.bin with Coolshrimp then update through Xellous

Well I was reading up this morning and I thought the process I was doing was going to handy enough, its kinda was but it didn't work!
    If you can get into Xellous then you're still golden - thing is Xellous won't work over HDMI, just regular cables.

If you can't get into Xellous then your only option is to hook up the nand reader/writer and write to your nand that way. Whether you want to use nandpro to write Xellous or the whole updflash.bin file you're generating is up to you.

Personally if I had to hook up the nand tool I'd write Xellous and stick updflash.bin onto a USB stick and let Xellous flash it. But I wouldn't disconnect the nand reader until I had a nice new dashboard welcome screen looking at me :D

If you need me to generate a updflash.bin file for 12625 then let me know, I don't use Coolshrimp's tool because I had problems with it a while back, I use the actual fbBuild :P

the xbox connects to the tv VIA pc in, so no using hdmi.. & still no display
    I'll take up your offer on you making the updflash.bin, do you want my cpu key or do you still have(was browsing the cd you gave me an I'd say you do becuase you had it in a neat .txt :)

I was assuming Original Dump 1 (5D783XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX).BIN was my dump on the cd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

justryan wrote: »

Xellous has some bad block management implemented but sometimes it fecks up. I would use either Flash360 or Debian to flash it. If there are some bad blocks in blocks <100 you might have problems.

From what I remember about Lenny's nand there are no bad blocks, or at least there shouldn't be but I'll double check - Confirmed, no bad blocks in the original nand dump.

I'll send you on your updflash.bin file dude, still have all the files :) Would advise you to remove the CPU key portion up there, I'm not sure how unique the keys are so MS might still be able to figure your details from that bit :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

From what I remember about Lenny's nand there are no bad blocks, or at least there shouldn't be but I'll double check - Confirmed, no bad blocks in the original nand dump.

I'll send you on your updflash.bin file dude, still have all the files :) Would advise you to remove the CPU key portion up there, I'm not sure how unique the keys are so MS might still be able to figure your details from that bit :P

I had removed the last 8 digits of the key & replaces them with x, just added a few more x's now anyway it can't be decrypted now!
    So I've soldered the connection wires up to the nand reader, put the power brick into the xbox, then connect the usb power.
    turn on the xbox & in jtag tool I click on "read nand" the xbox turns off but the power light stays on an it says it can't detect the flash reader
    strange, it had read it about 10 mins ago when I was kinda messing with settings

tryint to write xellous, this is what im getting
    do you think maybe one of the pin headers are not on correctly when using the solder shrink to connect them
    332vz9u.jpg
    this was the end result
    i6muu0.jpg

recheck the soldering, specially ground

propper fecked now.. disconnected everything won't even power on at all now

Lenny wrote: »
    propper fecked now.. disconnected everything won't even power on at all now

What tool are you using to flash the nand?

• Advertisement

I was using jtag tool by coolshrimp, by it not powering on now is there no return? With the nand reader an the brick connected it lights up slightly like bbefore

there is always return ;) check cables, power brick etc. disconnect nand reader when powering up console.
    If it wont help you might try to do the reset nand thing, TV posted it some time ago, but this is risky.

Had this issue before and what did it for me was using 'nandpro.exe -e' to erase the nand basically you just start from scratch and use the original dump TV gave you those errors seem to indicate a problem with your reader or wiring, check all the connections what I would do is use some desoldering wick and clean up all the pads and start over what ground spot are you soldering to?

docentore wrote: »
    there is always return ;) check cables, power brick etc. disconnect nand reader when powering up console.
    If it wont help you might try to do the reset nand thing, TV posted it some time ago, but this is risky.
    Ok well thats good news that its not a paper weight yet! After I did what the last post pics did, the chi, had 3 green lights on, would not turn off so I disconnected the power brick an put it back in

Been trying with nandpro.exe I have, was seeing if I could backup the nand(even though I don't know what status its at) but it is giving me these read errors
    2je79s8.jpg
    could this be cause by a connection or is it normal because the xbox is non responsive
    I should be trying the -r16 16mb block & not the -r512 512mb yea?

You don't want to read jack **** off the nand, it's proper wrecked at this stage.

Block 0 is where the SMC is stored, this would explain some serious issues with powering on the console :P

Do what justryan suggested:
    nandpro usb: -e2

Then put the free60.bin file that is on the CD I gave you into the nandpro directory and do this
    nandpro usb: -w2 free60.bin

Once that is done with no bad block errors you should be able to power on the console using eject and see the blue screen of Xellous.

If you have errors, post them here like you have been doing.

You don't want to read jack **** off the nand, it's proper wrecked at this stage.

Block 0 is where the SMC is stored, this would explain some serious issues with powering on the console :P

Do what justryan suggested:
    nandpro usb: -e2

Then put the free60.bin file that is on the CD I gave you into the nandpro directory and do this
    nandpro usb: -r2 free60.bin

Once that is done with no bad block errors you should be able to power on the console using eject and see the blue screen of Xellous.

If you have errors, post them here like you have been doing.

Ok ok, I was kinda trying to start off from scratch, wasn't thinking right about trying to read it!

I erased those blocks - no errors
    2hzhgux.jpg

No power out of it, but if I write xell via jtag tool, the xbox can power on. but nothing displays(using the component cable)

I made a mistake with my previous instruction, sorry about that. I told you to do a -r2 free60.bin which overwrote the free60.bin you copied from your CD with a blank file - my bad!

Re-copy the free60.bin file from the CD I gave you and use a -w2 instead:
    nandpro usb: -w2 free60.bin 0

Then unplug the console for 30 seconds and start it up, you will see Xell :)

I did it that way, erased and then put on the free60.bin, plugged it out an it would not power on, not home at the.moment, ill try again when I'm back later, thanks for all the help everyone :)

I did it that way, erased and then put on the free60.bin, plugged it out an it would not power on, not home at the.moment, ill try again when I'm back later, thanks for all the help everyone :)

In your screenshot you used my wrong command (nandpro usb: -r2 free60.bon). You need to use the right one :P (nandpro usb: -w2 free60.bin) ;)

• Advertisement

In your screenshot you used my wrong command (nandpro usb: -r2 free60.bon). You need to use the right one :P (nandpro usb: -w2 free60.bin) ;)

Ah Yous gem, I quoted your first wrong command :p its ok though at least I have found thw problem as to why it may have went wrong, will report back later

just to give an update, your two simple commands & backing up were successful, thanks a lot ;)

No hassle dude, there's always a way back.

Enjoy 12625, and keep away from that JTAG tool :P

No hassle dude, there's always a way back.

Enjoy 12625, and keep away from that JTAG tool :P
    True that, glad I had some use for it haha, pitty this embarrassing topic couldn't be deleted, or maybe it could help some other ejjiot like me!

True that, glad I had some use for it haha, pitty this embarrassing topic couldn't be deleted, or maybe it could help some other ejjiot like me!

there is nothing to be embarrassed for. You've got your jtag sorted, someone might avoid this after reading the thread.

Glad you got it sorted in the end

Advertisement