Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Back To Basics' Tourney Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

McGuyver versus Guyver.... now THERE is a matchup!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Galvasean wrote: »
    McGuyver versus Guyver.... now THERE is a matchup!

The gods thread lightly when such foes fight briskly

Well, that is round one concluded. 31 combatants have qualified to round 2....

Oh wait what's that? We need 32?

Hmmm... whatever to do...

Damned if I was pasting links into all of those fighters! :eek:

**** me sideways... this is epic. You should leave it up a bit longer for people to make their decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

LOL!! roflmao.gif

And I assume we're still sticking with The Fake-fallen from the movie as opposed to the Creator-tier one from the original Marvel canon? Given that the latter would make this a very short round, and a very short tourney! :eek::p

It's the Fallen from the movie (that was defeated by Penance earlier in Round 1).
    Sun destroying Nocturnal icon that he is.

Bweh. The original was the God of Decay And Destruction, a universe-destroying nutjob that sold Creation out to Unicron for SnG and had to be taken down by 12 God- and Creator-tier (yes, that bad) Super Robots and imprisoned in the Void for all eternity, as it is indestructible and immortal. Oh yeah, and it stands roughly two miles tall and transforms into a planet-destroying battlecruiser that can invoke the Warp and slowly tear apart the fabric of reality just by sitting in one place for too long, or focus his entropic powers to disintegrate the fabric of reality at the target location through sheer force of will. He can even create space bridges and wormholes, except his ones can travel through time and dimensions as well as space! The biggest Teleport Whore in all creation! :D

Solitaire wrote: »
    Bweh. The original was the God of Decay And Destruction, a universe-destroying nutjob that sold Creation out to Unicron for SnG and had to be taken down by 12 God- and Creator-tier (yes, that bad) Super Robots and imprisoned in the Void for all eternity, as it is indestructible and immortal. Oh yeah, and it stands roughly two miles tall and transforms into a planet-destroying battlecruiser that can invoke the Warp and slowly tear apart the fabric of reality just by sitting in one place for too long, or focus his entropic powers to disintegrate the fabric of reality at the target location through sheer force of will. He can even create space bridges and wormholes, except his ones can travel through time and dimensions as well as space! The biggest Teleport Whore in all creation! :D

Stop it! You're scaring the children!

Such an appropriately horrific ending in Solitaire's post :)

• Advertisement

Good :D He's second to only Unicron in power, is effectively the Marvel God of Destruction (bear in mind he's a multiversal singularity, ie. there's only one of it in all universes, thank God!) and looks like he'd been hanging around in The Warp for far too long. Khorne is probably his best drinking buddy :pac:

One of his brothers, Liege Maximo, was also pretty goddamn scary. He even tried to Ascend and replace the Creator! :eek:

Oh I meant in the actual battle thread.

I didn't :p I was responding to Few and you interrupted (or "jebbed" as the terminology goes :D) me :o

Good :D He's second to only Unicron in power, is effectively the Marvel God of Destruction (bear in mind he's a multiversal singularity, ie. there's only one of it in all universes, thank God!) and looks like he'd been hanging around in The Warp for far too long. Khorne is probably his best drinking buddy :pac:

One of his brothers, Liege Maximo, was also pretty goddamn scary. He even tried to Ascend and replace the Creator! :eek:

But they're all robots right? Just send a few go-bots upside his head and he won't be so happy. Or mothafunkin John Conor! Pew pew pew!

Edit: Originally had Sean Connors. Eep!

He's still a lot smaller than Unicron, which is actually an advantage as he's a bit too small to suffer from Autobot-sized Something I Ate Terminally Disagreed With Me :D

He's still a lot smaller than Unicron, which is actually an advantage as he's a bit too small to suffer from Autobot-sized Something I Ate Terminally Disagreed With Me :D

Unless we're talking something human-sized he ate... like a mutating Wesker! Dun dun dunnnnn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

How long do we have for this round/vote? There's a lot to digest and I've been really busy?

Orim wrote: »
    How long do we have for this round/vote? There's a lot to digest and I've been really busy?

I'm thinking leave it open for a couple of more days. Give all the regular voters a chance to wade in.

There's just so much there. I'm already regretting my choice and thinking of other people that deserve the win.

Dont think too hard about it. There's so many variables in such a battle that there is no one logical answer.
    It's basically just an excuse to get your favourite out of jail

• Advertisement

Right, I'll be online later tonight to bring a conclusion to the royal rumble, so get those final votes in today!

How odd. I have no idea where that transmission came from.

Bio:
    Eliphas was originally a Dark Apostle of the Word Bearers Space Marines. During the Horus Heresy, Eliphas failed to take the world from the hands of the Imperium of Man, and for his failure he was sent to the “Basilica of Torment.” He returned to Kronus to conquer the world for Chaos Undivided at the head of a large Word Bearers force, but, facing the full force of many other races in the galaxy, Eliphas failed once again, leading to his apparent death at the hands of a displeased Daemon Prince.
    Eliphas was later revived by Abbadon the Despoiler to assist Araghast the Pilliger who claims to have destroyed 1000 Worlds. Eliphas betrayed Araghast's to his death at the hands of the Blood Ravens so he could become the leader of the Black Legion War-band. He claims “Araghast never knew the true grandeur of this plan”. Before the Blood Ravens could kill Eliphas, he disappeared.
    Eliphas’ was last seen on Sub sector Aurelia, where he destroyed the Blood Raven’s hero Davian Thule, a mighty Venerable Dreadnought. He is believed to be under the direct command of Abaddon the Despoiler.

Weapons / abilities:
    Eliphas now wears the very suit of Terminator armour once worn by Araghast the Pilliger, albeit modified to use a pair of lightning claws.
    Eliphas is one of the few champions of Chaos ever to acquire the favour of all four Chaos Gods. As a result his armour is imbued with all manner of cursed ruins and trinkets, making him even more resistant to damage. Even without the need for wearing a helmet Eliphas is virtually immune to conventional attack.
    In his armour Eliphas stands some 9 feet tall, but can move with a surprising and unnatural quickness.

Blessings of the Dark Gods:

Mark of Khorne: When Eliphas spills the blood of his enemies he is healed in relation to a portion of the damage he deals. There is also a small chance with every strike of his blade that he may cut a small rift in reality, summoning a Bloodletter daemon to his aid.
    Mark of Sla'anesh: Eliphas has had all traces of humanity wiped from his being. For all intents and purposes he is himself a daemon. He is incapable of sympathy or remorse and completely free of any form of self-doubt because of it, making him highly resistant to psychic attack and /or to any form of psychological attack.
    Mark of Nurgle: Eliphas' body is now a festering pot of all manner of diseases. To stand is his presence is to risk being infected with virtually anything sort of rot one would care to imagine. Consequently, Eliphas is immune to all forms of chemical weaponry / radiation.
    Mark of Tzeench: The God of magic smiles upon Eliphas, making him very resistant to magic based attacks. This mark has also been attributed to the many instances where he has inexplicably cheated death.

It is also worth noting that Eliphas has the latent potential to one day become a daemon prince. however, he is still some way off attaining such a level of power.

DawnofWar2222.jpg&sa=X&ei=4X_7TZTsOozHsgbjqs2qAQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Eg&usg=AFQjCNFO_tmCxoU76n2pR5ZVUj0-uwujgw

Bio:
    Araghast the Pillager was a Chaos Lord of the Black Legion. He led the forces attacking Aurelia in the Chaos Rising campaign. His claim to have conquered over a thousand worlds is no idle boast. Araghast was betrayed by his second-in-command, Eliphas The Cowardly Traitor, and subsequently killed by a Blood Ravens strike force led by a Force Commander whose name has been forgotten.

Weapons/Abilities:
    Araghast has been gifted with a new suit of Terminator armour, an exact copy of the one stolen by Eliphas The Cowardly Traitor. As weapons he carries a storm bolter complete with attached bayonet and a master crafted-power sword.
    Standing over 9 feet tall, Araghast is marginally bigger than Eliphas and posseses immense physical strength, even stronger than expected for a Terminator space marine of his size. He may make use of the Atlas Quake technique, which allows him to create small to medium sized earthquakes, fissures or upheavals simply by stamping on or striking the ground.

Blessings of the Dark Gods:
    Araghast has pledged himself to the Blood God Khorne and Nurgle, the God of Decay. He is not affiliated with Tzeench (God of Magic) or Sla'anesh (God of Pleasure). As a result he gains more powers from the former Gods, but virtually none from the latter.

Mark of Khorne:
    When Araghst spills the blood of his enemies he is healed in relation to a portion of the damage he deals. There is also a chance with every strike of his blade that he may cut a small rift in reality, summoning a Bloodletter daemon to his aid. These abilities are more profound / developed in Araghast than what Eliphas is capable of.
    Araghast can also set his entire body on fire spontaneously without causing harm to his person, but at the cost of energy. Furthermore he can harness this power to use the ability known as "let the Galaxy Burn!" where he fires great balls of fire at his enemies.

Mark of Nurgle: Araghasts' body is now a festering pot of all manner of diseases. To stand is his presence is to risk being infected with virtually anything sort of rot one would care to imagine. Consequently, Araghast is immune to all forms of chemical weaponry / radiation. Furthermore, the various diseases act backwards on him, essentially causing him to heal faster than normal.

Chaos_Terminator_Lord_DOW2.jpg&sa=X&ei=tnz7TaeOIozFswakjvH9Dw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE-tET_d6ZCnlEpczDw6MEwBXet9A

The intermission match will remain open until I can draft up round 2 properly.

Round 2... Tonight!
    Probably

The draw is done. Expect a matchup to be posted shortly.

In case anyone is wondering, no* home advantage in this round. Fights take place in randomly drawn locations (basically everybody's home locations were put in a draw, so you are getting the home location of another combatant in the tournament).

*Actually some S.O.B.s were lucky enough to draw either their own home turf or one VERY similar to it.

That's interesting. Should make for good fights.

I was curious as to how Vect and Todd ended up in an S-Mart.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    I was curious as to how Vect and Todd ended up in an S-Mart.

Shopping.

Advertisement