Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Back To Basics' Tourney Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Here Kess comes to save the day!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Here Kess comes that guy who has read waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many comics, to save the day blab some more about comic book characters!

:)

Fixxed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm still not convinced. Who is to say that the powers of Hell are greater then the powers of the Warhammer Dark Gods?

Also between the blessing of Nurgle (resides over mental disorders as well, presumably giving some to Eliphas, would give some protection ala the Madcap/Carnage examples) and Sla'anesh, I think that Eliphas would be relatively safe.

It's a weird clash of two universes.

However the argument of GR going through the roof when he took over hell and Eliphas not quite being there yet is a valid one. I will concede this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Solitaire is seriously on form with the votes. Every one is a gem.

I changed my vote beforehand but his reasoning clenches it for GR for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Think I'll use Solitaire's explanation as canon. That was some battle. :cool:
    I need to eat some dinner before posting the next fight.

• Advertisement

Why does Miss Harvey always attract THAT sort of man????

Now that Eliphas is dead (unless he exploited another jammy plothole!), I'm surprised no one spotted the weakness I tried to nod to hidden in his bio...
    Terminator Armour or Tactical Dreadnought Armour is the toughest and most powerful form of personal armour humanity has ever developed
    When activated the blade of the weapon becomes sheathed in a field of energy which disrupts solid matter, allowing the weapon to easily tear through armour, including even Terminator Armour.

Was expecting Ghost Rider to impale him on his own sword. :cool:

Galvasean wrote: »

Why bother when he can just tear him apart without any Buffy Playbook loopholes :)

Just read up on Black Cat... wow, glad I did! I was way off the mark in my thinking!

Ok, so, I read on a bit more and it turns out I had the cartoon version in my head, where she could change into the super strong character at will. Wow, without such strength, oh my, Drac will eat her up!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Now that Eliphas is dead (unless he exploited another jammy plothole!), I'm surprised no one spotted the weakness I tried to nod to hidden in his bio...

Its pretty much Lightning/Fire based. It could damage the Termie armor, but unless the armor was already severely compromised by Ghostie wailing on it for a loooong time first it wouldn't be fatal in Eliphas' case. Tzeentch's boon imbues his armor with incredible energy resistance it would shield him from the majority of the elemental/energy damage and then Nurgle's would mop up the leftovers with biomechanical regen. Still... why didn't I think to finish it that way??!? banghead.gif

Still... last couple of match-ups hurt. I wanted Black Cat to get a bit further because I have a long-running soft spot for her and she's pretty darn capable up until the low-mid tiers, and Eliphas is a screaming ball of hate and high-tier silliness that should have gone quite far in this tourney causing a few nice upsets along the way, barring any kind of absurdly unfortunate mishap... oh dear :o

I think that, right now, a saved memcording of Eliphas waits to be reincarnated on the plains of Chaos, already planning the terrible vengeance he shall wreak on Black Cat for having the indecency to have her own hex-field backfire on her and clip Eliphas along the way, resulting in Failblog Power :D:P

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    Its pretty much Lightning/Fire based. It could damage the Termie armor, but unless the armor was already severely compromised by Ghostie wailing on it for a loooong time first it wouldn't be fatal in Eliphas' case. Tzeentch's boon imbues his armor with incredible energy resistance it would shield him from the majority of the elemental/energy damage and then Nurgle's would mop up the leftovers with biomechanical regen. Still... why didn't I think to finish it that way??!? banghead.gif

Still... last couple of match-ups hurt. I wanted Black Cat to get a bit further because I have a long-running soft spot for her and she's pretty darn capable up until the low-mid tiers, and Eliphas is a screaming ball of hate and high-tier silliness that should have gone quite far in this tourney causing a few nice upsets along the way, barring any kind of absurdly unfortunate mishap... oh dear :o

I think that, right now, a saved memcording of Eliphas waits to be reincarnated on the plains of Chaos, already planning the terrible vengeance he shall wreak on Black Cat for having the indecency to have her own hex-field backfire on her and clip Eliphas along the way, resulting in Failblog Power :D:P

Can you play Eliphas in the game? Or is he just a character? I'd imagine he'd be prrrretty damn unstoppable if all he had to face were space marines etc.

Can you play Eliphas in the game? Or is he just a character? I'd imagine he'd be prrrretty damn unstoppable if all he had to face were space marines etc.

You can play as him in Retribution. As you progress in missions you earn new abilities. The ones I loaded him out with are a selection of the powers available to him (you can't actually pick all the upgrades in a single campaign because that would be ludicrous!). As there is no canon story set for Retribution (it's a fairly new game and we won't know what story arcs are canon until they make another DoW game), I chose the ones that are most in line with his character, ie: keeping himself alive at all costs and worrying about everything else later (with the exception of the mark of Khorne, whose blessings are almost exclusively offensive as the Blood God cares not whose blood spills so long as it spills!).

There are also characters in the Wh40k universe whose power dwarfs that of Eliphas...

Funny that Eliphas seems to have rubbed off on some of you... Originally the only reason the makers of Dawn of War brought him back after being killed in Dark Crusade was "due to his unexpected popularity among fans".

Oh, so he's playable in DoW? Ah ok. But I meant in the WH 40k with the lil figures etc, I don't know a huge amount about it, but can you go out and buy the figurine and wreak havoc?

Does Noob still have any of his old cryomancy powers for this tourney or is he limited to his shadow magic?

Does Noob still have any of his old cryomancy powers for this tourney or is he limited to his shadow magic?

Shadow magic, he lost the freeze-o skills when he became Noob rather than Sub original.

Oh, so he's playable in DoW? Ah ok. But I meant in the WH 40k with the lil figures etc, I don't know a huge amount about it, but can you go out and buy the figurine and wreak havoc?

Haven't been involved with the figures game in many years. As far as I know none of the DoW characters are available in the table top game.

I'm pretty sure once he became Noob Saibot he lost all of his sub-zero style ice abilities.

Haven't been involved with the figures game in many years. As far as I know none of the DoW characters are available in the table top game.

Oh he's just a DoW character? Aw right, sure I thought he was old school 40k by the sounds of it. Ah ok.

Oh he's just a DoW character? Aw right, sure I thought he was old school 40k by the sounds of it. Ah ok.

Back in my playing days (of the table top game) they were moving from 2nd to 3rd edition of the rules. One of the big changes they made was to bring down the power of champions and special characters. This proved unpopular with many. I think they are on 5th edition now and from reading the GW website characters seem to be very mighty again.

PS: sorry 'bout the delay in bringing on the next fight. Haven't been home today.

However if Constantine is not the agressor in this scenario i see no way for him to emerge victorious.

I actually meant for Constantine to be the aggresor in this scenario. apologies for my poor wording.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I actually meant for Constantine to be the aggresor in this scenario. apologies for my poor wording.
    Ah, I see. Vote edited according to new information.

I still don't see many traps being able to get the better of D's super-grade heightened senses and his Left Hand's analytical skills. They'd see it coming a mile off. We ARE talking about Drac's most successful lab experiment ever here :p

Latest fight is a little bit different...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Latest fight is a little bit different...
    Seems to be a handicap match.

I like the way Solitaire describes things with mid-tier, baseline etc.

Also, can't believe D is gone!

I can believe D is gone. That was a damn big bomb.

I can believe D is gone. That was a damn big bomb.

He never would have fallen for a trap though, not with Left Hand.

Who's to say Constantine would be unable to shield the bomb from Left Hand's ability to sense it.

Don't think he has that skill level, or maybe he does. I'm not up on my Constantine.

• Advertisement

Well he does have the blood of a demon flowing through his veins. That may give him a bit of a power boost.

Advertisement