Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Back To Basics' Tourney Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Well he does have the blood of a demon flowing through his veins. That may give him a bit of a power boost.

His blood is tainted, don't think it's the exact same thing. Plus it's more a case of D being super experienced in battling such things. He's a hunter himself and those he hunts often employ such traps.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

True, but Johnny also brought friends to confuse D and allow him a chance to destroy his enemy

True, but Johnny also brought friends to confuse D and allow him a chance to destroy his enemy

Yeah, why is it exactly that Constantine has vampires working for him? It's actually a bit of a clash of worlds really, the vampires in D's world are incredibly powerful and like lords and ladies, I'm guessing in the grittier world of Constantine they're more like your Buffy-esque vampires. If it's the latter then D would slice through them without a bother, if it's the former then there's no way so many of them would hang around in ambush for a half-breed. Plus all those vampires you have waiting would be like a signal flare for Left Hand, no way would he walk into that unawares.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Exactly, D comes in ready for a brutal fight against multiple opponents. he would hardly pause to consider the mere mortal who was blocking his path, nor would he consider the possibility of him masterminding the assault. Therefore he never bothers to check for mundane traps.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Exactly, D comes in ready for a brutal fight against multiple opponents. he would hardly pause to consider the mere mortal who was blocking his path, nor would he consider the possibility of him masterminding the assault. Therefore he never bothers to check for mundane traps.

D might not want to check, but LeftHand would think of checking and would be sure to make sure that D knows about it..

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Yeah, why is it exactly that Constantine has vampires working for him? It's actually a bit of a clash of worlds really, the vampires in D's world are incredibly powerful and like lords and ladies, I'm guessing in the grittier world of Constantine they're more like your Buffy-esque vampires. If it's the latter then D would slice through them without a bother, if it's the former then there's no way so many of them would hang around in ambush for a half-breed. Plus all those vampires you have waiting would be like a signal flare for Left Hand, no way would he walk into that unawares.

Yeah Constantine having vampires working for him seems a bit odd given how things went down twice between Constantine and the King of the vampires.

Well he does have the blood of a demon flowing through his veins. That may give him a bit of a power boost.

His blood is cursed/tainted, and whilst it works as a defence against vampires, as was shown when the King of the vampires decided to munch on Constantine, there is one fatal flaw in anyone's theory of Constantines cursed blood having an effect on D.

Constantine's blood can impact upon vampires, but it does not affect Dhampirs.

D is not a vampire and is a Dhampir, and similar to Blade who is one in the Marvel universe, he has the strengths of the vamps without the obvious weaknesses.

"Here I come to save the day" that's what mighty Kess would saaaaay :D

"Here I come to save the day" that's what mighty Kess would saaaaay :D

Son of a........:pac::pac:

I'm upset now and am going to have a good cry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Random draws are so cruel, first Eliphas, now 'D'. Couple of super powered combatants dead already.
    I would have 'seeded' the first round, bu oh my, the effort! :pac:

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Random draws are so cruel, first Eliphas, now 'D'. Couple of super powered combatants dead already.
    I would have 'seeded' the first round, bu oh my, the effort! :pac:
    Thus the reason I never seeded tournaments

Kess73 wrote: »
    Son of a........:pac::pac:

I'm upset now and am going to have a good cry. :(

Why cry, I was praising you as always good sir

Wait what did I do now?
    That's not an illusion? Ah-HA! Then you're Captain Cyberwolf!! You're wanted for offing that artificial dhampir too! You bent the rules of our Tournament TOO far this time!", it growled. "You didn't just break Drac's favourite experiment, you screwed with the Night Itself!"
    I never involved Blade in anything:
    Now it was time to find out exactly what rank idiocy Wolfie had dragged him into this time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

It was a joke Wolf :):p Certain parties were not pleased with the ambush that nailed D and Yakon was sicced on the arrangers but it got the wrong address and got hungry and tried to eat Blade instead (canonically it has a habit of randomly eating people that get in its way) :p

Makes sense alright, I know it's what I'd do.

Looks like Yakon is joining Eliphas and Black-cat in the HFIL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The Transformers could even send their buddy Shia LeBeouf into battle for them against Jacob Black and they'd still win fcuking easily. ;):p

Every tourney needs a booby character

Wow! That was so bad I didn't even get to post Prowl's name and no explanation before 6-0 was achieved! lol.gif

Damn Few made me laugh hard though lol.gif

I was actually tempted to stage a comeback for Jacob, but I've never seen any of the movies or read the books, so I'm imagining a wolf trying to take on a gigantic robot... I mean, it's just... it's just not gonna work Jacob, I'm sorry.

• Advertisement

Maybe he could have induced Prowl to commit suicide with his psychic Emo Field? :pac:

Solitaire wrote: »
    Maybe he could have induced Prowl to commit suicide with his psychic Emo Field? :pac:

That only works on Decepticons

That middle Chucky looks like the Christopher Walken chucky! :D

Well Fewcifur, I hope this satisfies your bloodlust!

Thjat match satisfies anyone's bloodlust

Well Fewcifur, I hope this satisfies your bloodlust!

I'm loving the range of characters in this fight! Sharptooth! Who would have thunk it! Also, never heard of Pumpkin Head. Generally is he only killed when you take out the summoner?

I'm loving the range of characters in this fight! Sharptooth! Who would have thunk it! Also, never heard of Pumpkin Head. Generally is he only killed when you take out the summoner?
    yes, unless the witch who is responsible for helping raise him is killed thus releasing him in which case he will die when he feels she has been avenged.

Who is he after? Could the summoner be among the crowd?
    just what the hell is going on?!!?!?

Who is he after? Could the summoner be among the crowd?
    just what the hell is going on?!!?!?

See I'd play it one of two ways, based on Pumpkin Heads ability to be killed... either VH has to find the summoner in the crowd, which is tough, or he has to kill the demon, which might be easier or impossible, depending on how readily this Pumpkin guy can die? As far as Sharptooth goes, it's pretty much a case of avoid avoid avoid until VH has time to setup a weapon to take it out. Doubt PH and ST will give each other too much hassle.

• Advertisement

This battle would have been very different if it was Pumpkin Head vs some of the Teen Titans, or Sharptooth vs. them or Squirrel Girl... :D

Pumpkin is good at serially murdering realtypes and also gets bonuses against Pesky Kids; its Terror debuff seems much more effective against them, preventing them from fighting back effectively or coherently, reducing their perception and planning skills and even routing them outright from sheer fear :eek: Even Squirrel Girl's Last Second Save knack might not save her. In contrast, sortieing it against Sharpie and Helsing seems like a cruel mismatch :D:P

Sharpie is the complete opposite; his specific weakness is Pesky Kids. He can happily slaughter most realtypes and even a lot of Supers/demons/Eldritch Abominations without breaking a sweat. Putting him up against Squirrel Girl in particular - a character who is the definition of Pesky Kid, and has the Forever Underestimated, Quick Thinker and The Bigger They Are... perks - could easily result in yet another crushing humiliation for the beastie that just ate Helsing and Pumpy as the starter course :pac:

Advertisement