Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Back To Basics' Tourney Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I am enjoying this triple-threat. Glad there's a couple more...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'll really have to watch the land before time again. Soli is seriously talking up that T-Rex

He's a bit of a monster alright

In that film he gets into a fight with an angry sauropod mother... and wins! Bashes his head through solid rock multiple times with now apparent ill efects, gets sprayed by what appears to be lava (causing him no harm), falls down a chasm several hundred (possibly over a thousand) feet deep and survives with little more than a hangover and a bad attitude problem. Plus he's got agility that would make the slickest raptors jealous.

Plus rumour has it he survived the first movie where he is supposed to have drowned and appears in the series with raptor minions (I cant confirm this as I have never watched the series).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Apparently the new T-Rex was somewhat greyer and paler with scars where Sharpie had been attacked before and during the movie. I say Zombie Sharptooth. Or even Vampire Sharptooth, if you have moral objections to Fast Zombies :D

I think the rulebook goes out the window when zombie dinosaurs are involved

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBOwFA-Yq28-24xpTEeUh-28uNu9yRsarVwiHnIMJeyFwXuRvy&t=1

• Advertisement

Okay, I've tried my best to give Nite Owl II as much of a chance as possible... Honestly though, I think he's doomed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Yes, he look screwed. However, I must ponder this.......

He's screwed ;_;

I mean... we're talking a full-on Eldritch Abomination equivalent to a weaker God-Tier super :eek: It would have been just as fair squaring Danny off against Cthulhu :p

;_;

Wow, considering how some ppl went out (Eliphas grrr) the last couple have been some serious mismatches.

Unseeded tournaments FTW. Some of these matches are are awesome.

The current fight could be a good one. At first glance I'd say it looks one sided, but I'm not so sure...

• Advertisement

Really? I'll have to think more because right now Moon Knight is looking more outmatched then the Chuckies, Jacob and Nite Owl put together.

Doesn't Sauron have a MASSIVE weakness?
    Or he could just squash Moonie, whichever.

Oh wow this one is open to interpretation! :eek:

Is MK on top form? Is it a full moon? How much high-tech gear (including the power-armor version of his costume and his gunships) is he packing? Does he have Khonshu's full backing? (combined with moon phase this can make him a full-blown Super)

And what about Sauron? Is he in full Super mode with shapeshifting and reality-bending skillz or is he just left with the boosted attributes, biotics and psionics of his later forms? Even then he's stronger than MK but MK has high resists to most of his attacks and Sauron has a classic Shoot The Core weakspot :p And given that he's on home turf does he have an army backing him up or not? That causes huge issues if MK isn't allowed to hitch a lift in on his gunship :o

I've got mine in. All LOTR finals if I have my way. Although knowing my luck, the witch king and Sauron will face off in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Solitaire wrote: »
    Oh wow this one is open to interpretation! :eek:

Is MK on top form? Is it a full moon? How much high-tech gear (including the power-armor version of his costume and his gunships) is he packing? Does he have Khonshu's full backing? (combined with moon phase this can make him a full-blown Super)

And what about Sauron? Is he in full Super mode with shapeshifting and reality-bending skillz or is he just left with the boosted attributes, biotics and psionics of his later forms? Even then he's stronger than MK but MK has high resists to most of his attacks and Sauron has a classic Shoot The Core weakspot :p And given that he's on home turf does he have an army backing him up or not? That causes huge issues if MK isn't allowed to hitch a lift in on his gunship :o

Going by the choice of picture used, and the fact that Galv said he was back in physical form, I took that to mean the latter.

Galvasean wrote: »
    4-2 to Moon Knight

Is it not 3-2?

New fight us up people, go vote!
    It's a good old fashion DC versus Marvel smackdown!

PS: thanks for the correction Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Is Sam all super demon powered in this?

*shrugss*

Your tournament guys.

Galvasean wrote: »
    *shrugss*

Your tournament guys.

Damn you Galva, now I have to reeeeeeeead!

• Advertisement

Finally the Winchester brothers are together in a tournament. They depend on each other so much that it was a damn shame people kept separating them.

Demon powered or not is an interesting question. I would say yes as it will make them competitive against some of the upper tier combatants

I have just received an email from the General Manager....

And I quote:
    This match is a triple threat match.

I had totally forgotten about Gargoyles. That was such an awesome show.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Orim wrote: »
    Shame it didn't last longer

Orim wrote: »

I watched them all last year. Pretty awesome alright. Still quality when viewed as a grown-up, unlike Transformers/He-Man/Mask which have aged a lot.

I have all the DVDs of the original Transformers and I'd say there are about a dozen (out of about 80 in total) episodes (plus the movie) that stand the test of time and are worth watching. The rest is pants.
    That said, the follow ups Beast Wars and Beast Machines are both class!

CGI and dialogue on Beast Wars always killed me, though far superior to that Transformers armada parp.

Also, I would never have seen It winning that battle, but when you read his wiki, well, he's pretty much a "created at the dawn of time" kind of evil. Don't think the two lads have what it takes.

I know he's a Nocturnal icon and all, but I always think the Crow does undeservingly well in these tournaments...

The way I was looking at is basically that the crow is his main weakness and in the situation of these kind of fights, his opponents just aren't going to have a chance to discover this while he's pounding on them.

Do you know who would have figured it out? Eliphas. Shame he got robbed in the first round :P

• Advertisement

I'm actually going away on Sunday for a week or so. Probably wont be about much to post updates, so I was thinking of doing an intermisssion fight or something...

Advertisement