Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Back To Basics' Tourney Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm actually going away on Sunday for a week or so. Probably wont be about much to post updates, so I was thinking of doing an intermisssion fight or something...
    SOunds like a plan to me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I know he's a Nocturnal icon and all, but I always think the Crow does undeservingly well in these tournaments...

Yeah I agree. It would have known, I'm sure of it, and Goliath tends to be quite good at figuring these things out in a Buffy kinda way.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I was also thinking IT would detect The Crow's power source. Failing taht he'd probably eat teh bird anyway, cause he's a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I was also thinking IT would detect The Crow's power source. Failing taht he'd probably eat teh bird anyway, cause he's a dick.

By the same token, The Crow would probably be able to see It in true form from the get go as well. Plus the Eric Draven bird (going by later comics as well as potentially in the first film) seems to be no ordinary bird and more akin to a familiar than a bird with regular avian weaknesses.

Kess73 wrote: »
    By the same token, The Crow would probably be able to see It in true form from the get go as well. Plus the Eric Draven bird (going by later comics as well as potentially in the first film) seems to be no ordinary bird and more akin to a familiar than a bird with regular avian weaknesses.

Since when has the Crow displayed such levels of powah? He's no The Turtle.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Do you know who would have figured it out? Eliphas. Shame he got robbed in the first round :P

I have just received a message from Lord Abaddon's cabal of sorcerers on behalf of the Despoiler:

"I have the feeling Eliphas is still around here somewhere...
    I can hear him screaming!

Hopefully I'll post up some sort of intermission tomorrow night if I get the chance. If not, see you all in a week or so

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't sweat it Galva, I'm gone for the next week or so too :D:p

Right, I've an idea for an intermission event. i'll post it up in the tourey thread in a bit...

It's up now! :D

• Advertisement

Damn it's a big one!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'll be watching this from Pluto.

How powerful is Thor in All father mode compared to say Zeus?

I would say they are of comparable power since they are both Allfathers.

Much more powerful. All Father Thor becomes the most powerful of all the gods during that storyline. He trumps the power levels that Odin had as All Father, and was way above the likes of Zeus, Amatsu-Mikaboshi, the Skrull gods, Atum, and any of the other gods in the Marvel Universe during that spell. His power levels at that time are off the charts, and would be as far above the power level of regular Thor as regular Thor would be above the likes of Spiderman.

It's coming back tomorrow :)

I can't wait.

Sorry about teh epic delay guys. I think you will find that hunger is teh best sauce and this matchup is worth the wait.

It's up now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It's good to be back :)

Missed the tournament. Work drags when you're not considering clash of ridiculous proportions.

Cheers Galva.

Orim wrote: »
    It's good to be back :)

Missed the tournament. Work drags when you're not considering clash of ridiculous proportions.

Cheers Galva.

This Charon lad wasn't in God of War 1-3 , so I've no idea what he's like. He sounds very similar to Scorpion actually. Faith is completely outgunned here, but the other two... I'm not tooooo sure. I guess it all depends on whether Scorpion has anything to hurt Charon with. How did Kratos take him out?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

IIRC he was assraped the first time and had to use some special Plot McGuffin to survive Charon's instagib attack. So yeah, Scorpion not looking too good... :p

3-0 to Charon.
    Looks like he will finally get his P45 :)

"Nothing is ever so simple. Mwhahahhaahha!!!!"

If anyone is wondering why there are so many triple threat matches it's because after I got enough characters people kept suggesting really cool and interesting characters to me, so I just HAD to include them! :D

Oh and re: the interval matchup. I can't help but feel Kratos was hard done by being matched up against Thor who was in Allfather mode. If Thor gets to be the Allfather, then surely for the sake of fairness Kratos should be in full God of War form?
    I smell a rematch is on the cards....

Yeah, the All Father card was a bit of a sneaky one. Like that time we didn't realise Swamp Thing, Shade and Ghost Rider had near god-like ability.

I never figured Thor for being in AllFather mode. I just felt he was more capable than Kratos.

Nobody gonna vote in this one?

Nobody gonna vote in this one?

Haven't had the time to look at the different elements, tis largely three unknowns for me. Well, The Fallen is a given but, dunno bout the rest.

I really do love artwork of characters from different franchises duking it out...

godzilla_vs_the_transformers_by_kaijusamurai-d3129o4_1306092175.jpg

If anyone is wondering why there are so many triple threat matches it's because after I got enough characters people kept suggesting really cool and interesting characters to me, so I just HAD to include them! :D

Oh and re: the interval matchup. I can't help but feel Kratos was hard done by being matched up against Thor who was in Allfather mode. If Thor gets to be the Allfather, then surely for the sake of fairness Kratos should be in full God of War form?
    I smell a rematch is on the cards....

I still think the Allfather Thor trumps a full power Kratos.

Allfather Thor becomes the most powerful being in all the multiverses. Nothing comes close to him in the Marvel Universe. Zeus and all the other heads of the other god pantheons fall well below his power levels and he dwarfs the likes of Galactus, Thanos or any of the Celestials.

The only weakness he has, is that he is weaker/tired when he goes into his version of the Odin Sleep and is powered down somewhat for a day or two before that sleep.

But the powered down version of Allfather Thor was able to take on full powered versions of Hulk, Thing, Wolverine, Captain America, Vision, Doctor Strange, Iron man and a number of others at the same time and kill every one of them. In that weakened state his eyeblasts (yep he has loads of extra powere in allfather mode :)) are still strong enough go straight through adamantium or Vibrarium.

And at full power he becomes a Universe destroyer level being, rather than a planet level destroyer that the massive powers generally get rated as.

He would make the full powered Ghost Rider or Swamp Thing from previous tournos look puny.

Oh yeah almost forgot, in allfather mode he also can change timelines :D

• Advertisement

So instead of being a 'God' he is actually like a proper God?

Fair dues to Penance. I had no idea he would be this powerful. And to think he was a last minute adittion to the tourney when I read about him on cracked.com (ironically in an article about lame superhero reboots).

Advertisement