Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Back To Basics' Tourney Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Kess73 wrote: »
    I still think the Allfather Thor trumps a full power Kratos.

Allfather Thor becomes the most powerful being in all the multiverses. Nothing comes close to him in the Marvel Universe. Zeus and all the other heads of the other god pantheons fall well below his power levels and he dwarfs the likes of Galactus, Thanos or any of the Celestials.

The only weakness he has, is that he is weaker/tired when he goes into his version of the Odin Sleep and is powered down somewhat for a day or two before that sleep.

But the powered down version of Allfather Thor was able to take on full powered versions of Hulk, Thing, Wolverine, Captain America, Vision, Doctor Strange, Iron man and a number of others at the same time and kill every one of them. In that weakened state his eyeblasts (yep he has loads of extra powere in allfather mode :)) are still strong enough go straight through adamantium or Vibrarium.

And at full power he becomes a Universe destroyer level being, rather than a planet level destroyer that the massive powers generally get rated as.

He would make the full powered Ghost Rider or Swamp Thing from previous tournos look puny.

Oh yeah almost forgot, in allfather mode he also can change timelines :D

Oh my god Kess, just jizz it out already. How many minotaurs has Thor killed? Kratos has killed like, this many *displays ten fingers ten times*. That's right... lots. Jealous? Yeah... you're jealous... :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I didn't even use the Allfather version of Thor. I just used his baseline power set that he had for years. Throw hammer, hammer come back on most direct course to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Galvasean wrote: »
    So instead of being a 'God' he is actually like a proper God?

Pretty much. He becomes the most powerful being in the marvel multiverse bar none.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh my god Kess, just jizz it out already. How many minotaurs has Thor killed? Kratos has killed like, this many *displays ten fingers ten times*. That's right... lots. Jealous? Yeah... you're jealous... :)

Thor has two flesh eating supergoats, that can fly, pulling his chariot. :p All Kratos has is you using your fingers to count. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

or te record, Penance is leading 3-0. the match is not over yet as my post in the other threadsseemed to have suggested. It's been ammended now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I was quite surprised to see Penance in this to be honest

Yeah would agree. He is certainly not a character that would jump out at you as being one chosen for such a tourney.

Although given his new power set and how that seems to be getting stronger and stronger, it makes sense to have him when there are so many other big hitters.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Always fun to put the cat amongst the pigeons :3

Funny to think how badly the current bout is reversed depending on who gets the Ambush bonus - if it had been the other way around it would almost be an automatic win for Elly. Hell, amazed that the brothers are even in this Tourney - they don't strike me as very Nocturnal supers... :p

Really Sol, think about it for a minute. One brother is a soul trapped in a suit of armor. The other is a cyborg alchemist. I'd say the two of them fit in quite well hereabouts.

Damn, this latest fight is tricky! All of me says Elektra, but then Soli does his usual mind dump and now I'm questioning myself

• Advertisement

It's always tricky to call when you have combatants from very different universes facing each other down.

Solitaire wrote: »
    Hell, amazed that the brothers are even in this Tourney

I like surprises.

I almost used the brothers myself in the last one.

This one could be fun :cool:

Um... I can't find any mention of Barker's powers... I only know of Sho's, and the only thing that could give Sho pause for thought is Thor in Allfather mode... :eek:

Um... I can't find any mention of Barker's powers... I only know of Sho's, and the only thing that could give Sho pause for thought is Thor in Allfather mode... :eek:

I just clicked into the Anime yokey and read about the Guyvers... pretty much out class the others, even when I thought Wesker had the win.

Require sleep.
    Will post new fight tomorrow...

Where is Angel in relation to his canon? Even at his peak he's extremely lethal with massive near-instant healing factor (in his prime he can regenerate entire limbs in seconds if need be), but if he has Twilight's powers as well he'd pretty much a God-tier super with no Shoot The Core weakspot for the others to exploit. Yikes!

Where is Angel in relation to his canon? Even at his peak he's extremely lethal with massive near-instant healing factor (in his prime he can regenerate entire limbs in seconds if need be), but if he has Twilight's powers as well he'd pretty much a God-tier super with no Shoot The Core weakspot for the others to exploit. Yikes!

Woah woah woah shorty, what's all this Twilight's powers etc? I don't remember seeing that, right? Right? Wait, wait what? Yeah. Right! Right.

AFAIK they're only in the original comics as the TV show isn't as far along in the canon. Its after the Jasmine, W&H and resultant LA Hell storylines.

• Advertisement

Woah woah woah shorty, what's all this Twilight's powers etc? I don't remember seeing that, right? Right? Wait, wait what? Yeah. Right! Right.
    Buffy season 8.

Buffy season 8.

Which season was that? The last season? Say what?

Also, also... Wolfie you killed off Nemesis way way too easily.

Which season was that? The last season? Say what?

Also, also... Wolfie you killed off Nemesis way way too easily.
    Season 8 is the season they published in comic book form. Also I just incapacitated Nemesis, taking him out of contention for victory

It must have been some bus to kill off Nemesis. not that I'm complaining

The bus knocked Nemesis into a power transformer. Therefore he was hit by a combination blunt force+electric attack which would disable him long enough for Angel to win. Also he would be bleeding out.

The bus knocked Nemesis into a power transformer. Therefore he was hit by a combination blunt force+electric attack which would disable him long enough for Angel to win. Also he would be bleeding out.

But c'mon, did ya not read the Wiki, look at all the stuff he's survived. Some electricity and blunt force would probably make him mutate into something twice as bad.

As for Soli's story, if Angel has home turf than he's not the aggressor, I don't see how it'd flip over into him being super prepared. He's on Batman level or something now. I'm glad Angel won though.

Angel was allegedly sortied to take down Darkman. And seeing as the idea of Angel helping the bad guys by accepting a contract on Darkman and then Nemesis randomly coming along and saying O HAI GUYS! just went miles past the ol' Suspension Of Disbelief barrier I tried to fix things :p

Angel is not just a Combat Tactician but also a Combat Strategist, so he would manipulate the situation prior to battle and come very prepared for what was going down. He'd also have to have a mighty good reason to help scumbags take on someone who is both roughly aligned the same way and is several power levels below him - his Scooby Gang could probably take Darkman on without him. Add the fact that Darkie is more than capable of royally pissing off Umbrella (or Tricell, or whoever...) and I saw a more plausible chain of events and ran with it.

Who said the bad guys hired Angel? I think you might be reading too far into what was a basic set up for a 3 way fight.
    Angel tracks down Darkman, Nemesis arrives. Fight!
    But hey, all fights are open to interpretation so whatever floats yer boat!

Personally though, I would imagine Angel and Darkman would at least temporarily put aside any differences they had when that.. thing showed up.

Galvasean wrote: »

Personally though, I would imagine Angel and Darkman would at least temporarily put aside any differences they had when that.. thing showed up.

And STILL get pounded by the unstoppable death machine :P

• Advertisement

I think i'll vote since it's a tie and theres only half an hour to go 'til full time.

Advertisement