Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PERMANENT RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE

Options
  • 16-04-2011 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I came here 5 years ago from the UK and was on the dole in the UK. When I came here I applied for it and although was disallowed at first I appealed and it was reveresed. I then worked for about 6 months, but then injured my back and went on Disability benefit. I then went onto the BWEA scheme and that ends next February. I will be giving the work up just before it runs out, as my back isn't going to get any better and I also won't be able to support myself purely on my earnings.

I saw something about the Permanent residence certificate and wondered if I still have to fill one out ? What if I don't ? I have had no problems proving I am legally here, and have even got a bank account, phone & broadband in my name, a mobile phone on Billpay, (very hard to get in the UK if you are not orking or have a good credit record) as well as a learners permit and insurance to drive on someone else's policy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What passport are you on?

What do you think you might need this certificate for?

(I'm not 100% sure this is a Work and Jobs question ... but not sure where to move it to either)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

I'm on a UK passport, and saw that this was for EU citizens who have been here 5 years & want to stay. (I know it probably isn't a work & jobs question but I didn't know where to post it either ! Feel free to move it.)

Advertisement