Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a plane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Ya it was going up but I switched it to reverse.I thought it might have being easier if up was up and not the opposite way.I will change it back to the way it was.Today looks good so hopefully will get to fly it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

No pulling back on the stick has to be for climbing, and forward is to descend. So if you imagine your in a plane and you want to dive, you would push forward on the stick, and to climb you pull back.

Only one outcome is likely i think if you dont get some assistance though.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    No pulling back on the stick has to be for climbing, and forward is to descend. So if you imagine your in a plane and you want to dive, you would push forward on the stick, and to climb you pull back.

Only one outcome is likely i think if you dont get some assistance though.

Unfourtantly that outcome happened :mad:.?There goes that idea

Did you give it another go?

Unfortunately I cant,its in 2 pieces:(.I got it up okay and I was trying to control it and I went nose first into the field.It broke in half above the wing area.

• Advertisement

They are very easy to fix as good as new, but you will have to have a look for somewhere in the area to get assistance flying though. Many give up because of trying themselves and then think its too hard.

Take a photo and put it up. Cocktail sticks and superglue is the repair method.

Will do.Under the belly of it is a lose grey wire ?

That grey wire sounds like one of the receiver antenna`s. One is a little short one and the other is a long grey one that goes into the area under the canopy.

Superglue about 12 cocktail sticks into one half. Let glue set. Now line up both halves and press together wihout glue. Make sure perfectly lined up halves. Take apart again and plenty of superglue and re align using holes left from the dry fitting. Hold together tightly with selotape and leave for a few hours.

Thanks for the help Robbie.Will do that.Here is a few pictures

yes its the receiver wire you were looking at alright. Its a simple enough repair anyway for anyone experienced in that type of thing, there`s that dreaded word again,,,experienced:eek:. The front of it might be a bit distorted also and possibly the front cowling could now be loose, but again its easily fixable.

Pity your not nearer but if you love driving long distances bring it up if you want.

Here is a video i took from a radian 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Whats involved in fixing the receiver wire ?The video is great,would love to be able to do that.Unfortunately its a bit of distnace between ous,thanks for the offer though.

The receiver wire has nothing wrong with it. just needs the receiver fixed back into position and the wire antenna routed back in where it was. All of that is after you have the glider repaired properly.

The next best thing to getting someone experienced at flying is to get a flight simulator.

What kind of flight simulator?

John85 wrote: »
    What kind of flight simulator?

Realflight g3 is what i have, there are more up to date ones since the time i have that, i used if for learning the heli flying about 4 years ago. Never really use it now except when people want to see what its like to try flying a rc aircraft.

Not sure if there are any good free ones.

Will have a look.How do you connect your control to the pc?,I looked on-line but couldn't find much

We just got a cheap usb controller that is like a radio, but in reality is nothing more than a twin joystick controller for a pc thats in the same shape as a radio, but works on the sim like its a radio.

Here is one here, we got one of these and just used the controller on the realflight g3.

http://www.heliguy.com/Flight-Simulators/ESKY-Flight-Sim/ESKY-Flight-sim-software-and-controller/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

hey john85 where did you purchase it from? What website? I've seen a few and they seem pretty cheap. Im going to get one next month, I just need to clear that credit card bill:rolleyes:
    Ahh Robbie after seeing some of your videos Im going to invest in one. Ill be getting an extra battery though. Also Robbie what camera do you use and where did you get it from? It will be a future investment.

Hi plug I got it here.It was a round 190 euro delivered.Just make sure you get somebody with experience to help you fly for the first time.I tried on my own and broke it.

Plug wrote: »
    Ahh Robbie after seeing some of your videos Im going to invest in one. Ill be getting an extra battery though. Also Robbie what camera do you use and where did you get it from? It will be a future investment.

Its a go pro hero camera. Another fella bought it, not sure where but they are easily found. There are photos of the glider setup here as well as a few photos from it.

• Advertisement

John85 wrote: »
    Hi plug I got it here.It was a round 190 euro delivered.Just make sure you get somebody with experience to help you fly for the first time.I tried on my own and broke it.

Just repaired a neighbours one tonight which they had broke in half also. Very easy to repair as good as new.

Ahh the camera's seem to be about 250 pounds. Hefty enough:o
    What type of batterys go in the airplane? I would want a second battery, any links to one on that website?

Ahh the camera's seem to be about 250 pounds. Hefty enough:o
    What type of batterys go in the airplane? I would want a second battery, any links to one on that website?

hobbyking.com is the best place for batteries. A 1300mah battery comes with it, we actually use a 2200mah battery in them, a but heavier but i think it makes them fly better with the extra weight.

1300mah one equivelent to the one with the radian here

2200mah one we use here

Only thing is you need to cut off the plug on them and solder on these

But look at the prices of the batteries. Probably 10 euro each for the big one incl postage, where as the original ones for the glider are about €30 or more. You will get a half hour flight at least out of each charge so there would be no rush on a second battery anyway.

Ok I took your advice and I bought the 2200 battery, 2 of them plus the connections, came in at €25.95, which was very cheap including delivery! I notice they are a Hong Kong based company, what are their shipping times like?

Usually for batteries its about a week, i have has small items take 3 or 4 weeks, but usually its not too bad. Great for the batteries though, and connectors, superglue etc. I get the motor i use in the cularis there too, 15 euro instead of 90 for the recommended motor.

Them bigger batteries are a little tight at first into the radian but they fit ok. Definitely improve its handling, and get nice long flights out of it.

They do a much better charger than what comes with the radian too for about 20 euro altogether. Might be worth a look once your up and flying.

Usually for batteries its about a week, i have has small items take 3 or 4 weeks, but usually its not too bad. Great for the batteries though, and connectors, superglue etc. I get the motor i use in the cularis there too, 15 euro instead of 90 for the recommended motor.

Them bigger batteries are a little tight at first into the radian but they fit ok. Definitely improve its handling, and get nice long flights out of it.

They do a much better charger than what comes with the radian too for about 20 euro altogether. Might be worth a look once your up and flying.
    Hopefully they come before I order the plane next month(may). Anyway do you know of any cheap cameras around? Im looking forward to flying it, should be a bit of a laugh. Jesus some of your videos you go pretty high!

Hopefully they come before I order the plane next month(may). Anyway do you know of any cheap cameras around? Im looking forward to flying it, should be a bit of a laugh. Jesus some of your videos you go pretty high!

Have you flown much before?

Nope:D
    I had a 2 channel glider but never could fly it for more than a few seconds as I couldn't launch the thing in the air because it did not have a motor. But I threw it off a cliff in a quarry a few times and I was able to fly it. I understand the basics of a plane and what controls them. I have a bit of confidence in myself to fly it, hopefully I won't crash the thing!

Nope:D
    I had a 2 channel glider but never could fly it for more than a few seconds as I couldn't launch the thing in the air because it did not have a motor. But I threw it off a cliff in a quarry a few times and I was able to fly it. I understand the basics of a plane and what controls them. I have a bit of confidence in myself to fly it, hopefully I won't crash the thing!

I have heard that one a fair few times, until the actual event:eek:, but if you can handle the 2 channel glider well, you should be able for the radian alright.

• Advertisement

I have heard that one a fair few times, until the actual event:eek:, but if you can handle the 2 channel glider well, you should be able for the radian alright.
    Any basic tips on flying, I suppose full throttle and throw it at roughly a 30 degree angle?

Advertisement