Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Elite 2 to Mira Elite ST ?

• 16-04-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Mira Elite 2 shower is giving trouble again ! We have changed the thermostat for the 2nd time, cleaned the filter and shower head.
    Still getting cold water and low flow light coming on.

Was thinking of buying the Mira Elite ST.

What of people think of the ST, what are the alternatives?

Thanks.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Very little change between the 2 and the ST as far as I can see, and I did a changeover in my mother's house not so long ago.
    Was a very easy replacement, everything is in the same position.

The main alternative is the Triton T90xr.
    This is also a handy enough replacement to do as the water supply/inlet is on the same side as the Mira.
    However, the shape is not the same (it's more wide than tall), so keep that in mind if you don't have full tile coverage behind the shower unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

paulgalway wrote: »
    Mira Elite 2 shower is giving trouble again ! We have changed the thermostat for the 2nd time, cleaned the filter and shower head.
    Still getting cold water and low flow light coming on.

Was thinking of buying the Mira Elite ST.

What of people think of the ST, what are the alternatives?

Thanks.

As above there is very little difference, the showers are basicly the same.

The mira elite is a bullet proof shower. You have just been very unfortunate. The only think that really needs to be done is the head and filter needs to be cleaned. The head maybe every 2 months and the filter every 6.

The T90 is the competitors difference. It is another market leader

however for my money i much prefere the mira elite its just the T90 sometimes is a bit cheaper.

There is cheaper showers than both on the market however even the cheaper models come in somewhere between 190 and 210 so considering you can buy an elite or T90 for 240+/- then i would not buy the cheaper ones.

A litte bit of advice, if the house and head and riser rail is ok on your old one keep it up. They can sometimes break and are expensive to replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

HI, I agree fully with Joey, you won't better the Mira. I have one of the Elite st in my house about 6 to 7 years now problem free. I bought a new Mira st in Bitches and Queers last week and fitted in my Son's house.
    He is absolutely delighted with it.
    Remember if it's a new installation then you need a dedicated Water supply for the Shower. Also if the run is long from the Tank to the Shower then I would recommend putting in a Non return Valve.

Advertisement