Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why no BBC WORLD SERVICE Relay ?

• 16-04-2011 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Why dont RTE Radio one or Newstalk relay The BBC World Service overnight ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭PacMan

I think RTE Choice would probally be a better "home" for BBC World service.
    Interestingly, I was in Lithunia recently, and there it was 24/7 on the FM band. Its also 24/7 in Sofia, Bulgaria. It is available on Sky/freesat. Also on BBC Radio four from 1am on longwave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

It wouldn't generate any income and the amount they would have to pay the BBC would be far greater than the cost of just playing repeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tapes

PacMan wrote: »
    I think RTE Choice would probally be a better "home" for BBC World service.
    Interestingly, I was in Lithunia recently, and there it was 24/7 on the FM band. Its also 24/7 in Sofia, Bulgaria. It is available on Sky/freesat. Also on BBC Radio four from 1am on longwave.

The problem is very very few people know RTE CHOICE exists, Newstalk is a disgrace closing down most nights at 9 or 10pm. Also i think middle of the road music programs like late date no longer belong on rte one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭PacMan

Tapes wrote: »
    The problem is very very few people know RTE CHOICE exists, Newstalk is a disgrace closing down most nights at 9 or 10pm.

Agreed. Mention RTE Choice and most people haven't a clue what it is:confused:

As for NewsTalk, its really bad that they start repeating programmes so early in the evening. I always believe that newsTalk should have a show very similar to LBC 97.3 in London, such as Clive Bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

PacMan wrote: »
    Agreed. Mention RTE Choice and most people haven't a clue what it is:confused:

Only selected parts of the country have it on DAB. Many wouldn't use DTT to listen to the radio.

• Advertisement
Advertisement