Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud Networking Course

Options
  • 16-04-2011 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Do any one know if CIT are doing Cloud Networking Courses or anything like VMWARE ? and if so how much.. wouldn't mind doing something like that at night time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Cork24 wrote: »
    Do any one know if CIT are doing Cloud Networking Courses or anything like VMWARE ? and if so how much.. wouldn't mind doing something like that at night time.
    But you are already a student :) - I think there's a rule you can only be doing one course in CIT at a time. I could be wrong! Check it out.

I think there are cloud courses in CIT but they are only specifically for companies that organised it. Don't think they are open to everyone. I could be wrong on that also now as I'm not in touch with the place anymore as I once was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Ok ill check it out I like networking more then programming can't stand programming. Don't mind networking and hearing all the new about cloud I said I better jumping before its to late

Ok ill check it out I like networking more then programming can't stand programming. Don't mind networking and hearing all the new about cloud I said I better jumping before its to late
    How far into the course are you? Which course is it?

Why don't you jump to DNET - I done this course. You'll learn a serious amount of networking in that. It's got programming too though. It's like 2 courses in one. You will cover the complete CCNA course too and can sit the exam after at little cost. It's an invaluable certification in the networking field. The course gives more career options than the others. However it's got a good bit of telecoms/electronic theory too but you can get through it.

Software Development and Computer Networking.

Higher Certificate in Sci..

have up to Module 4 Networking Course done..

WAN Tech.. just have my Exam in May... and i'll do the CCNA in the Summer.. more then likely i'll BD it.. as its a hard enough exam...

i was looking at the BA(Honours) in Computer Sci & networking, to get into that i need the BA which in that you have JAVA... i done JAVA in CSN Software Development & hated it with a passion

Higher Certificate in Sci..

have up to Module 4 Networking Course done..

WAN Tech.. just have my Exam in May... and i'll do the CCNA in the Summer.. more then likely i'll BD it.. as its a hard enough exam...

i was looking at the BA(Honours) in Computer Sci & networking, to get into that i need the BA which in that you have JAVA... i done JAVA in CSN Software Development & hated it with a passion
    Yeah, get what you mean. You want a pure networking course. As far as I know in CIT, the only way you could manage that is what you say, night courses.

Yeah, well don't continue something you hate anyways, life's too short. Good stuff for thinking of your future this early unlike a lot of people that just go through things for the sake.

• Advertisement

Night course are very dear in cit it cost me 1300 for comptia a+ before and 1000 for server + its about 2300 for vcp for a 5 day course in Dublin. So hoping it be cheaper for a 12 week course in cit

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Details regarding Cloud Computing Course here http://cloud.cit.ie/

All I need is my ba and I can go into that course

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Anyone here have any feedback at all, positive or negative, about the BSc (Hons) degree in Cloud Computing @ CIT?

Big Tone wrote: »
    Anyone here have any feedback at all, positive or negative, about the BSc (Hons) degree in Cloud Computing @ CIT?

it's manly EMC lads doing it..

and its around 3900 a semester,

• Advertisement

it's manly EMC lads doing it..

and its around 3900 a semester,

Thanks. I guess EMC can well afford to pay to send their lads on it....must be a very good course if that's the case. Think I'll go ahead an apply anyway, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Thanks. I guess EMC can well afford to pay to send their lads on it....must be a very good course if that's the case. Think I'll go ahead an apply anyway, cheers.
    80 people on the course all seem to be having trouble with it as they are taking anyone on it regardless of experience. Badly run by the sounds of it so far.

80 people on the course all seem to be having trouble with it as they are taking anyone on it regardless of experience. Badly run by the sounds of it so far.

Hi, what kind of trouble are they having?

I see that most of the course is done remotely using VPN, so students can log into the CIT network from home and watch Live or recorded lectures, and take part in virtual labs, so I doubt 80 people would ever be in the class at one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Hi, what kind of trouble are they having?

I see that most of the course is done remotely using VPN, so students can log into the CIT network from home and watch Live or recorded lectures, and take part in virtual labs, so I doubt 80 people would ever be in the class at one time.
    Most seem to have trouble with Programming: PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript. A number of the students are taking grinds late in the day to get projects done.

This suggests that for this course you need a good understanding / interest in these languages before starting this course.

Advertisement