Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Broadband and DNS Propagation issues

• 16-04-2011 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Has anyone experienced problems with Digiweb Metro and DNS changes not propagating? We made an IP address change to a website 3 days ago and the changes have reached everyone apart from users of Digiweb Metro. Most ISPs pick up the changes within an hour or so.

Digiweb DSL works fine, as does Vodafone and Eircom, but previous website visitors who use Digiweb Metro are locked into the old IP address. Restarting the Digiweb Thomson box makes no difference. We’re trying to work out of the problem is with the local Digiweb modem, or more centrally with Digiweb Metro.

Has anyone had a problem like this with Digiweb Metro in the past?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Which dns servers are you using? What's the hostname that you're having a problem with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Razzuh

I'm on digiweb metro myself and I always found the digiweb dns terrible. It seemed to become unavailable a lot, that was the main problem. I use other DNS servers now and I have no problem. I can't think of anything you can do about your problem though. You can't very well tell everyone on metro to use external DNS servers. I'm sure the change will get to them eventually. Can you not redirect from the old IP for a while maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

Actually, it might not be Digiweb's fault. Looking up the domain at whatsmydns, it's showing the new ip address reaching only about 20% of locations, and that's 5 days after the change.

http://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/www.n...uck.de

Strangely enough, all the other Irish ISPs seem to have picked up the changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 gsm_42

I think Digiweb have probably 10 different DNS servers so I wouldn't be surprised if something just goes wrong.
    Open DNS seams to be a good alternative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The only DNS servers you should be using if you're on a Digiweb connection are:

83.147.160.2, 83.147.160.130 and 83.147.161.146.

• Advertisement
Advertisement