Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's activities in / near Naas

Options
  • 16-04-2011 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Does anyone have recommendations for children's after school or holiday activities near Naas? I have 9 year old and 12 year old...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Well,

There are a few playgrounds around, one in Monread, and a lovely one in Clane.

There is the swimming pool in Naas which is really nice.

Morrell Farm.
    Donadea.
    The Millenium Maze.
    Lullymore.
    The Curragh, walking, kite flying, cycling etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

K Bowl & Indoor golf in Toughers.

National Stud & Japenese gardens in Kildare Town.

Much further, but great value - Dublin Zoo. €100 individual membership per year, but this allows 1x Adult + 2 x Children as many visits as you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ProjectO

Thank you both for suggestions.

We have made use of all of these suggestions in last few years and all are well worth a visit.

Over Easter school holiday, I actually found a 4 day activity camp in Prosperous. Similar as any other camps I considered and the kids had an excellent time - with the added bonus of lots of physical activity!:rolleyes: It was called Fitkids, by the way. I think this was the first one in Prosperous.... I saw posters around the place but I think there's a website as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Jungle Den, Tricky Tricksters and Joeys are great as well. Clane has a great play Park .

Sweet Sallins ice cream shop for afters.

And a canal walk to tire them out.

I know its not really near. But my lad loves ClaraLara in the Wicklow direction. Tis great fun in the warm weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ProjectO

ClaraLara is amazing in good weather! The first time we went, we had not realised it had the lakes - the kids were astounded and we all had a great time. More predictable on subsequent visits but still very enjoyable...

• Advertisement
Advertisement