Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin south stress clinic

Options
  • 16-04-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

i was referred to the south dublin city stress clinic in st john of gods hospital and i was wondering if any one else had been there and what they thought of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

I had one session there. The 'therapist' laughed in my face, told me to stop interupting her cause it was her turn to speak and then relieved me of over €250!

I never went back.....

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

ye my session was quite like that.... like she allowed me to talk but then just referred me to another service... she also left me for about 10 mins half way through my consultation....
    just wondering if it was juts me or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

No its not just you.

I was waiting over half an hour for my appointment and I was the first person there!

I cant remember the one I saw but if I knew how bad it was id never have went and would have kept the money I couldnt really afford to give them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

ene wrote: »
    i was referred to the south dublin city stress clinic in st john of gods hospital and i was wondering if any one else had been there and what they thought of it?

I was admitted to John of Gods a few years ago. One of the psychiatrists from the clinic was dealing with me and I found her manner to be horrendous. After a couple of meetings with her - she kept asking why was I there as I hadn't attempted suicide :rolleyes: - I signed myself out of the place. It was incredibly distressing and i'll never forget it.

I did attend Dr Bernie Mangan in the stress clinic and she was brilliant with me and definitely got me on the road to being better. She had actually tried to stop me leaving John of Gods that day but I was too upset with the other woman to stay there.

Anyway, I'd say to you if you are going try to go to Dr Mangan.

Advertisement