Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockers

Options
  • 16-04-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

How do you go about getting a locker, and are they available to part-timers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Back in my day's at Tallaght, it was student services who handled lockers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

I'm a full-timer and they were given out the second week of first semester this year. There were two of the porter/reception/security lads with a big metal box full of locker keys at the first set of coloured stairs(yellow I think?) and it cost €20 for a locker key. I'm pretty sure they had a spare key if you lost it but would charge you for the replacement and during the last week of 2nd semester they said you had to give the key back to get €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

yea its the porters desk, just inside main front door. im p/timer, always get a key in september.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Exact details will be given out during Induction - but usually 2 caretakers are down the bottom of the yellow stairs - it is first come first served though...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NakedIrish

I asked today and I was told they should be given out around midweek next week... I asked one of the lads who was sorting out the lockers on the 2nd floor. They don't use keys now either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

NakedIrish wrote: »
    I asked today and I was told they should be given out around midweek next week... I asked one of the lads who was sorting out the lockers on the 2nd floor. They don't use keys now either...

Yeah I noticed that too, its all key codes now. Pretty sweet. Next it'll be finger prints. Then retina scans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

theGavin wrote: »
    Next it'll be finger prints.

The SU probably have the idea already after the college social in Wrights Venue last year.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

wouldn't surprise me.

am wonderin wether i'll be allocated a locker down in the changing rooms for the kitchen as opposed to one on the landings r anything. since i am doing culinary arts and whatnot and will want it for storing my uniform and knives?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Student09

hdowney wrote: »
    wouldn't surprise me.

am wonderin wether i'll be allocated a locker down in the changing rooms for the kitchen as opposed to one on the landings r anything. since i am doing culinary arts and whatnot and will want it for storing my uniform and knives?!

Not saying you definitely will but if I remember correctly, they give out lockers by department. So they will have the Business, Humanities, Science, Computing and whatever else there is on particular days. (I don't know if they are doing it this way still) So maybe they would give the students in Humanities ones closer to the kitchen, however I'm not entirely sure but that is just mine and your thinking... Make more sense...I suppose in the end if they weren't giving you one by the kitchens you could ask? I'm not sure how nice they will be though but they seem like sound enough men who give out the lockers. :p

Advertisement