Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your views on Colin Fry

Options
  • 16-04-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Recently I seen a programme on one of my sky channels with Colin Fry. I found it quite unbelievable what he could tell loved ones about family members who had passed and who had come through to him?

Has anyone ever seen him or what do you make of this whole area of mediums and how do they do it??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

probably a contender for biggest douche in the universe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

Speaking from a christen point of view most of these people who claim they can speak with the dead are not in keeping with Bible teachings.
    Amongst lots of scriptures the Bible tells us not to inquire of the dead.
    There are people who go along and believe that they are in some sort of communication with a dead loved one or relation who is in heaven or the spirit realm.
    If i was to believe a person was communicating with me from beyond the grave, i would ask myself why would God allow this giving the fact that God prohibits and condemns such practices.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I brought up Colin Fry over in the Psychics and Mediums forum. I saw him demonstrate recently.

The theory behind mediumship is that they have a mental connection to the spirits of the people who have passed. Anything you see on tv is heavily edited though. The only way to judge is to see a live performance.

I understand the Christian and Catholic stance, which is anti-mediumship, based on biblical teachings. Even so, there is a branch of Spiritualism which is Christian in ethos, and spiritualists would maintain that their philosophy is compatible with other religious beliefs.

The reason why people demonstrate mediumship is to provide proof of the existence of the spirit beyond physical death. It is meant to enhance the understanding of ourselves as immortal, spiritual beings. Unfortunately, I think, it has also become quite a money spinner for the more famous faces that promote it, and has become more about entertainment and filling concert halls. And with that, comes the need for 'producing the goods' which can mean fraud.

I dont like the direction popular mediumship is going. I dont think it should ever be about money, or parlour tricks, or stage shows. It can be a healing thing, when used with caution. But so many people see it now as a thing that gets you on tv or earns you money. When it should really be about how it changes and enlightens an individual, spiritually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Daskell

Hi
    Does anyone know of a good psychic in Brisbane (Australia) or surrounding area ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dorie

Classact wrote: »
    Recently I seen a programme on one of my sky channels with Colin Fry. I found it quite unbelievable what he could tell loved ones about family members who had passed and who had come through to him?

Has anyone ever seen him or what do you make of this whole area of mediums and how do they do it??[/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dorie

Dorie wrote: »
    Classact wrote: »

Has anyone ever seen him or what do you make of this whole area of mediums and how do they do it??[/

me my mother and my 3 sisterswent to see colin fry @ the helix in dublin he didnt seem that good to me it was mostly a guessing game or coincidental names like mary has a message for her sister or patrick has a message for a good friend it could apply to any irish person .. very dissapointing so he was i would never go to see him again:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Oryx wrote: »
    I brought up Colin Fry over in the Psychics and Mediums forum. I saw him demonstrate recently.

How did you find him Oryx?As in I cut out the really good part proviso you had mentioned about mediums in your last post on this thread.... I must fess up.

I do put a lot of store in him. Maybe I am wrong, sometimes he does come across a little bit blingy showbizzy, yet still I have time for him. So, just out of curiousity, what did you think of him?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Based on the show I saw, I thought he wasnt that good. Links didnt have good evidence, and he struggled to place most of them. Broke pretty much all of the golden rules mediums are taught: dont ask questions, dont change your evidence, validate all evidence, prove your contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Dorie wrote: »
    Has anyone ever seen him or what do you make of this whole area of mediums and how do they do it??
    The Wikipedia entry for cold reading is above. That's all the explanation you should need. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

There's also quite a good South Park episode on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

HI

Colin Fry is one of the best natural mediums that there are...

If you read any phsyical mediumship books - he is normally mentioned. I have seen him live and he gives great evidence but I think his true talent lies in phsyical mediumship.. many have reported amazing things from him during seances..

Advertisement