Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playground in Balbriggan closed due to insurance concerns

Options
  • 16-04-2011 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Brought my young son over to the playground beside children's village creche and the moylaragh roundabout earlier only to discover the gate chained shut and a notice up saying it's closed due to insurance problems. Anyone know what's going on? Or if we can expect it to reopen?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I wonder was there an accident there?
    That is sad that it was closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

That's what I was wondering too Moonbeam - but then surely an accident isn't enough to close a playground down. I would have thought that playground insurance would take account of the fact that children are bound to fall and hurt themselves at some stage.

I really hope it's just a temporary thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I know of more than one child who have had serious enough injuries from the gate closing there. Bad enough to need a trip to A&E rather than gp. Mind you they weren't in the past 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

That's a grand playground. Always bring the kids there rather than the nearer one in Templeville, which tends to have more older kids hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Has there been any more on this Playground near Moylaragh being 'reopened'? (I know people have hopped the fence while it has been closed, so calling it closed is a a bit of a farce).

If it is closed because it is somehow unsafe, there are a number of carbon-copy Playgrounds around the Fingal area that have the same stuff in them that are still open, what makes this one any different?

Or is it the Council saying "Down with this sort of thing. Careful Now"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Has there been any more on this Playground near Moylaragh being 'reopened'? (I know people have hopped the fence while it has been closed, so calling it closed is a a bit of a farce).

If it is closed because it is somehow unsafe, there are a number of carbon-copy Playgrounds around the Fingal area that have the same stuff in them that are still open, what makes this one any different?

Or is it the Council saying "Down with this sort of thing. Careful Now"?
    As I understand it the playground wasn't managed by the Council & essential maintenance wasn't happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

That's strange Eoineo, because someone was definitely maintaining it. Last year a couple of holes developed in the soft surface and someone came along and filled them in - but I don't know if it was the council or the developers.

Advertisement