Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best MP3 Player thats not an iPod

Options
  • 16-04-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My iTouch has finally ran out of space and I'm looking to buy a new MP3 player that isn't an iPod(I just don't like 'em so don't query me on this, its not the point of this thread). So to make the difficult choice of picking out a new MP3 Player, I am now calling upon the cyberworld. Here is the list of things I want the player to have/be able to do in decreasing order of priority.
    -A screen but NOT a touch screen.
    -As much space as possible, preferably in the region of 100GB or more.
    -Ability to play playlists.
    -Ability to rate songs.
    -Ability to play albums/all music from an artist.etc.
    -Play count of songs.
    -Ability to shuffle.
    -Ability to repeat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

What you want is a Zune 120gb

Hard to get unless you know someone in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

plus 1 for the zune

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gra10

will it work in ireland? I mean do you need to be connected to a network like O2 or something like that to be able to download movies and music etc? The Zune HD is a quaility piece of equipment but would be useless if I bought it and couldnt connect or download material. Thanks

Gra10 wrote: »
    will it work in ireland? I mean do you need to be connected to a network like O2 or something like that to be able to download movies and music etc? The Zune HD is a quaility piece of equipment but would be useless if I bought it and couldnt connect or download material. Thanks

yea it works here. do it thru your computer. ive never bougght a song thru itunes are anything like that. and it doesnt use a network. it uses wifi

emo72 wrote: »

yea it works here. do it thru your computer. ive never bougght a song thru itunes are anything like that. and it doesnt use a network. it uses wifi
    Yeah I thought so but this probably sounds stupid. You obviously have to have an Internet connection in your home like UPC or eircom and work your wifi off that. Is that right? Cheers lads. It does look like a sweet piece of equipment

• Advertisement

well you need to download the zune software for your pc. only need to do that once, import all your music into the zune program and thats it. wifi is needed only once. easy peasy 123see

How much did you pay for your zune? I'm looking at getting the new zune hd. It looks way better than any apple product.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

How much did you pay for your zune? I'm looking at getting the new zune hd. It looks way better than any apple product.

Maybe it looks better, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess, but functionally the zune hd can't compete with the ipod touch. With the Zune line having been very much discontinued buying into it only makes sense if you're happy with what's already being offered to you.

if i was buying something now i would look at the high end cowons or the new samsung galaxys. at least they're current and available.i have about about 10 mp3 players from iriver to ipod to zunes, and i take great pride in using my 10 year old iriver h120. HARDCORE MOFO!:pac: but other people think im just stupid:o

Mactard wrote: »

Maybe it looks better, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess, but functionally the zune hd can't compete with the ipod touch. With the Zune line having been very much discontinued buying into it only makes sense if you're happy with what's already being offered to you.
    When I say look I actually mean functionality. But discontinued I was not aware of. Was it not only released in 2009 and why have they not been released here or in the uk?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

When I say look I actually mean functionality. But discontinued I was not aware of. Was it not only released in 2009 and why have they not been released here or in the uk?

MS never released the Zune range outside of N.America, they killed off the range earlier this year. The Zune software will live on in Windows phones from now on - which is great as the zune interface was fantastic.

Advertisement