Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pizza in town

• 16-04-2011 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Who does the best pizza in town and deliver?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 elchupanebray

i am 100% addictted to Florin's pizza at the moment new enough place beside the woodman.delicious and i have never been waiting more than a half an hour for a delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tags

Coney Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MikeyReilly

Loves apache pizza meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Gino's is still easily the best pizza in town to me

but for delivery.......most arent great tbh, Apaches is ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Sopranos ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

i am 100% addictted to Florin's pizza at the moment new enough place beside the woodman.delicious and i have never been waiting more than a half an hour for a delivery

Got it twice and to be honest there great for value but didnt feel well on both occassions for days after.
    my opinion would be Domino's - Can't beat the Texas BBQ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

Apaches....get an apache special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Mizzonis Irish pizza is lovely. Who would have thunk egg on a pizza would be so nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Dominos, must try that new pizza they have with the Reggae Reggae sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

Pizza hut!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

All of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Ginos by a mile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

No delivery, but the best Piazza is La Taverna, the best

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Coney Island is best for Delivery

Ginos is best for restaurant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Dominos for me. They seem to be the only ones who have meatballs as a topping.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

well really depends on what you have on a pizza as to where is best i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Don't think anywhere comes close to Coney Islands meat supreme for me.

Also during the week you can get a student special for a fiver. pizza and chips for a fiver is pretty good to me.

I swear I'm not shilling ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Dominoes all day long for me. Their Garlic Bread and Mighty Meaty is a makes it's way into my place once every few weeks.

While on the beer though can't beat a tacco pizza from apache. They only cost like €4.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sopranos is probably my favourite, followed by Ginos, Coney Island.

Dominos and Apache taste very much of the same tbh. Just a tad to greasy for me, so I don't eat there as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Anyone else think pizzas are way overpriced in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Anyone else think pizzas are way overpriced in this country.

Definitely.

Like most Italian food we eat here its supposed to be cheap food for peasants. Basically a pizza is bread, cheese and tomato sauce.

Also I think Irish pizzas have too much on top (which can explain part of the cost).

Does anywhere do a nice thin pizza, where half of the topping doesn't fall off when you eat it because the pizza is overcrowded???

dayshah wrote: »
    Definitely.

Like most Italian food we eat here its supposed to be cheap food for peasants. Basically a pizza is bread, cheese and tomato sauce.

Also I think Irish pizzas have too much on top (which can explain part of the cost).

Does anywhere do a nice thin pizza, where half of the topping doesn't fall off when you eat it because the pizza is overcrowded???
    La Taverna, so thin he gives you a scissors to cut it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

wellboytoo wrote: »
    La Taverna, so thin he gives you a scissors to cut it

Can you get takeaway from here, or is it sit-down only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

dayshah wrote: »
    Definitely.

Yeah one thing I hate about most pizzas is that there's way too much on top, especially when it's too much cheese. As said above La Taverna do a very thin, crisp base, a light layer of cheese and tomato sauce, and the ham they use is also very thin strips, instead of the big thick chunks you see on most pizzas.

I'd say La Taverna do the best pizzas in town but I haven't tried a lot of places, but I doubt there would be anything as tasty as La Taverna's. Used to be €7 for half a 12 inch, but they actually upped it to €7.50 recently. The full 12 inch would be just double that. I don't think they do delivery.

gscully wrote: »
    Dominos for me. They seem to be the only ones who have meatballs as a topping.

Love meatballs on the dominos. Always get 2 toppings of meatballs. Wonder would they give me a bucket of meatballs if I asked.

I suppose this thread should be two questions ,
    Who does the biggest mother of a piazza in town.
    Who does the best tasting 'less is more' piazza in town
    and can I have a bucket pls, ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Had that Reggae Reggae pizza earlier, not bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

seanybiker wrote: »
    Love meatballs on the dominos. Always get 2 toppings of meatballs. Wonder would they give me a bucket of meatballs if I asked.

Two toppings of meatballs???

Gah...why didn't I think of that before? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Apache... yum

• Advertisement

gscully wrote: »
    Two toppings of meatballs???

Gah...why didn't I think of that before? :mad:
    Yeah I always order online and you have an options to get either one or two lots of each topping.

Advertisement